Content Slider blocking zoom

Hi There!

I made a site that is using the content slider as an image carousel on two pages. The client would like to allow users to pinch and zoom on these modules to see her products up close on small devices, but I am running into an issue where the image itself is blocking the touch interactions… I can zoom in the header or footer, but can’t navigate around the page.

Are there any settings on that module that might be preventing normal pinch and zoom interactions?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Traci,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry but I’m having a hard time picturing out the problem. Do you mind sharing the URL of the site you are working on so we can check?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Traci,

The touch interactions are fine, just not when the slide is transitioning to another. I believe your transition time is a bit high? Lowering that down should help. You can check our grand demo page on your mobile and you’ll notice that the problem doesn’t occur as often, since the transition time there is only 1 sec. After the transition, the touch interactions should be fine.
http://demos.wpbeaverbuilder.com/grand/

Ben

Hi Ben,

I went to your demo page and had the same issue… when I pinch and zoom on the header or below where it says “colors and layouts” it works fine, but when I try to pinch and zoom over the slider nothing happens.

On the second page of my example site (“collections”), there is no auto-advance, so the problem is happening even when it is not in a transition state… Maybe on that page, when I am trying to zoom I am actually hitting the forward or back arrow?

Hey Traci,

Do you mind sharing what mobile device you are using?

Ben

Hi Ben,

Sure – I am experiencing this on an iphone4 (too old to upgrade the OS, so it is still iOS7). I can try it on a newer iPhone later today and report back if that makes a difference.

Hey Traci,

I actually tried playing around with it on my mobile device and the only way it works is if you pinch it vertically. Pinching horizontally triggers the next/previous functions on the slide like what you said above.

Ben