Content Slider defaults to

On this site we’ve not yet added a content slider. Today I’m now two hours in to trying to add one and no luck! Thought I’d ask for help since it’s lunchtime here in Minnesota and I have a drop-dead deliverable by 5pm today.

Regardless if the Content Slider is placed on a brand new “fresh” page, or I use one of the templates I’ve saved, the Content Slider slides always default to 200px wide.

I can PM you the URL and/or give admin access.

Sorry…should have added some detail.

Here is a quick look at the css:

<div class=“entry-content” itemprop=“text”>
<div class=“fl-builder-content fl-builder-content-2163” data-post-id=“2163”>
<div class=“fl-row fl-row-full-width fl-row-bg-none fl-node-55ae66122d382” data-node=“55ae66122d382”>
<div class=“fl-row-content-wrap”>
<div class=“fl-row-content fl-row-fixed-width fl-node-content”>
<div class=“fl-col-group fl-node-55ae6b551bf67” data-node=“55ae6b551bf67”>
<div class=“fl-col fl-node-55ae6b551c1ff” data-node=“55ae6b551c1ff” style=“width: 100%;”>
<div class=“fl-col-content fl-node-content”>
<div class=“fl-module fl-module-content-slider fl-node-55ae71ff2519d” data-animation-delay=“0.0” data-node=“55ae71ff2519d”>
<div class=“fl-module-content fl-node-content”>
<div class=“bx-wrapper” style=“max-width: 200px;”>
<div class=“bx-viewport” style=“width: 100%; overflow: hidden; position: relative; height: 563px;”>
<div class=“fl-content-slider fl-content-slider-loaded” style=“width: 315%; position: relative; left: -200px;”>
<div class=“fl-slide fl-slide-0 fl-slide-text-left bx-clone” style=“float: left; list-style: outside none none; position: relative; width: 200px;”>
<div class=“fl-slide fl-slide-0 fl-slide-text-left” style=“float: left; list-style: outside none none; position: relative; width: 200px;”>
<div class=“fl-slide-mobile-photo”>
<div class=“fl-slide-bg-photo” style=“background-image: url(http://domain.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/imagename.jpg);”></div>
<div class=“fl-slide-foreground clearfix”>
<div class=“fl-clear”></div>
</div>
<div class=“fl-slide fl-slide-0 fl-slide-text-left bx-clone” style=“float: left; list-style: outside none none; position: relative; width: 200px;”>
</div>
</div>
<div class=“bx-controls bx-has-pager”>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class=“fl-col-group fl-node-55ae66122d3bf” data-node=“55ae66122d3bf”>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Hey Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch! Yes, go ahead and send the site URL as well as temp admin access to the site via private reply. That way we can check what’s happening.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Steve,

I’m thinking this is caused by a conflict of bx-slider which is what our Content Slider is based on. While checking the site, I noticed you have a plugin Kiwi Logo Carousel which is based off the same slider as we are using so it’s picking up its settings. Could you try disabling that plugin and see if our slider works?

Ben

Totally understand the conflict. Kiwi is the most perfect option for what we need, so I’ll figure out turn it off vs. other options (e.g., a different slider like Sololiquy).

Again, thanks for the quick reply and attention, Ben!

Hey Steve,

No worries! Let us know if you find/need anything further! Have fun with The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hey Steve,

Our lead dev check on this and found out that the issue is caused by the Kiwi plugin loading an older version of bxslider. He also posted on the support forums for the plugin but it doesn’t look like the dev is active.
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/outdated-version-of-bxslider-breaking-other-slider-instances?replies=1#post-7205097

You can temporarily fix the issue by replacing the bxslider JS on that plugin which you can get here.

Hope this helps!

Ben