Copy Paste in Text Editor makes saving hang

Hello,

Have recently installed BB to our test site, with a custom theme we coded and disabled many plugins to ensure it works fine.

We have noticed that when you create a text block and then paste large amounts of text to it, it hangs on save and wont close the saving animation window.

It doesnt seem to have the same issue if you write lots of text directly in the same editor.

We have also tried to paste into the ‘Text’ WYSIWYG, but the same thing happens on save.

Have also tried the latest Beta, but that doesnt appear to fix it.

Hey K,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

This usually happens when a ModSecurity rule is being triggered. Basically, one of the words you pasted is being blacklisted by your hosting. I’d suggest contacting your hosting company, they should be able to assist you with this. Let us know how it goes!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the speedy reply, i have reinstalled BB on a fresh WP install and copy/pasted some offensive words and as long there are only a few words it saves fine, but if I copy paste large amounts of lorem ipsum text or professionally copywritten text the same hang occurs, so could this still be ModSecurity?

Hey K,

It doesn’t necessarily need to be offensive words. What about if you paste the paragraph causing the hang here, and grant us temp admin access to the site so we can check?

Ben

Hi Ben,

The same problem was causing all the issues, was mod_security

Adding the following to the .htacess fixed everything.

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

That’s great! Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben