We have BB installed on Genesis child theme hosted on WP Engine.
We have had, for about a year, issues with CSS cacheing either being corrupt or 404s. How do we know? Testing.
- We have screenshots and videos from users showing the CSS not loading on the site
- We have have turned off any plugin that minimizes or caches files
- We have disabled WP Engine CDN
- We can download a page from the site and nail down the exact CSS file that would need to be missing or corrupt to display exactly has as it’s been documented by users. And that files is a BB file
- We have searched through the logs and see 404s and find many references to some variation of the missing CSS in question. For example
220.127.116.11 - www.allbound.com - [16/Sep/2019:17:42:26 +0000] “GET /wp-content/uploads/bb-plugin/cache/261a9494683e191ab9ca7b84781e553e-layout-bundle.css?ver=18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124 HTTP/1.0” 404 564 “https://www.allbound.com/news-and-media/david-guthrie-joins-allbounds-board-of-advisors/” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36”
Anyone else had any issues with sporadic CSS cache 404s?
Any suggestions for other testing to be done here?