CSS Changes Over Templates

Hi,

I might be missing something. Is it possible to create a template page and have all the CSS carry over to a new page using that same template without having to recreate the CSS?

Thank you,
MIchael

Hey Michael,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

You should be able to if you save it as a template, then use the same template on another page. Is this not the case from your end?

Ben

Ben,

Thanks! That is not the case on my end as i just tested again. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am testing using CSSHero so i am not sure if that would be causing this issue.

I can save the template just fine. When i go add that template to a new page the original styling is kept and I am missing all the CSS that was done.

Any ideas?

Michael

Hey Michael,

Gotcha! So you’re using custom CSS. That won’t be the case since each Row/Column/Module will have different node IDs, for distinction, and I believe that is what CSS Hero is targeting. I’m not really sure how CSS Hero picks up the classes but I would suggest placing class names on your Rows/Columns/Modules where you you’d apply custom CSS to. Hopefully, CSS Hero picks up those class names you’ve added instead of the default node IDs.

I believe this won’t be the case when the new Global Templates will be released. You can read more information on the link below. You could also try it in beta as well. :slight_smile:
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/row-and-module-templates-are-now-in-beta/

Ben

Ben,

Tried using class names and i get the same result. I can see in css hero it is picking up the class name but all changes are missing. I guess ill just keep messing with it to see if i can figure out a work around.

I also have the same issues using the global template beta too.

Michael

Hey Michael,

Sorry but this is because of how CSS Hero picks up the class names. I would suggest writing the CSS down manually so you can have total control over it.

The Global Templates have the same column and module node ids, just different row ids. Still the same thing if CSS Hero picks those up. Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you there.

Ben

Ben,

Thank you. I figured out a solution that made it do what i wanted. Thanks.

Hey Michael,

No worries! Do you mind sharing what you’ve done? :slight_smile:

Ben