CSS conflict

Hi,

I’m trying to embed a form into one of my pages, but when I do this, it conflicts with the BB theme. I’ve spent about an hour going through Chrome developer tools disabling the lines, but I can’t narrow it down. All I know is that it is the skin-xxxxx.css (where x is a load of random numbers) that is doing it. If I delete this, it appears ok.

<script src=“https://www.chaletmanager.com/demo/enquiry/300Y1PLNnjdLumh/?js” type=“text/javascript” charset=“utf-8”></script>
<div id=“enquiryForm”><noscript><p>Please enable JavaScript in your browser to use our enquiry form.</p></noscript></div>

Is anyone able to tell me a better way to get to the bottom of which setting is causing it?

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark,

Can you share the embed code you’re trying to use so we can play around with it on our local dev?

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for coming back to me, I pasted it in my original post above.

Thanks,

Mark

Ah, sorry! I thought that was the error you’re getting after pasting the code! :slight_smile: Checking…

Ben

Hey Mark,

I tried it on my local dev and it works just fine. The form shows up. Can you share the URL of the site you’re working on along with temp admin access so we can check? You can post the details here using the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Mark,

Can you try adding the following CSS and see if this resolves your issue, please.

#enquiryForm input,
#enquiryForm select,
#enquiryForm textarea,
#enquiryForm #form input,
#enquiryForm #form select,
#enquiryForm #form textarea {
  display: inline;
}

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,

Yes, that worked perfectly! do you know what the implications are of me over-riding the BB theme CSS with this? Am I going to see problems elsewhere on the website?

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark,

Overriding CSS is totally fine. The snippet Danny gave you above only applies to elements with the ID enquiryForm, which is the ID used by the form that you’re using. It’s only going to affect that form. :slight_smile:

Ben