Custom breakpoint for column

Hi,

Is it possible to specify a custom breakpoint for a specific column other than the medium and small global break points. Say I wanted to break at 900px just for that column whilst my medium global breakpoint is 768px. I thought that’s what the custom breakpoint options would allow me to do but I’m not getting the behaviour I had expected/hoped for. All they seem to do is allow me to specify what the width should be at those global breakpoints? Also, I’d like to understand why you’re applying the width as an inline style rather than applying a class? That would be far easier to override and customise.

thank you,
Brigitte

Hey Brigitte,

I’ve already assigned another member of the team to assist you with your concern.

Ben

Hi Brigitte,

We don’t have custom breakpoints for modules, but you could do that with a media query if needed. Let us know if you need help with that.

Regarding the inline width, that is going way at some point. We originally removed it and put the width in the cached CSS file, but some sites broke for some viewers because their browsers weren’t updating the cache. We reverted to having it in both places and will be removing it again soon.

Justin

Hi Ben and Justin,

Many thanks for the quick response. I know how to use media queries, thank you. I just have a resistance to inline styles and the overuse of the !important declaration. Good to know the inline styles will be going soon! In the meantime, I’ve used a media query as follows (in case anyone else needs it).

@media screen and (max-width: 850px) {
    .my-custom-row-class .fl-col {width: 100% !important; }
}

You’re welcome, Brigitte! Thanks for sharing the media query!

Justin