Customizer Issues with Wordpress 4.3 Update

Hello.

Wordpress just updated to 4.3, and with it some issues with the customizer showed up:

• All the options are always visible. They are no longer displayed dynamically, depending on the values for previous setting. This can be confusing for clients.

• Now wordpress can handle favicons directly. Having the option twice (in the theme and by wordpress directly) can be a little confusing.

There are not major issues, but it would be good if you take action to make avoid confusion.

Thank you!

Hey Carlos,

Thanks for the heads up! I did notice the first issue. But I can’t seem to find the Site Icon? I’ve only played around it for about 10 mins or so and might have missed it but I think that only applies to the TwentyX themes? Regardless, I’ll let the guys know of the changes. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hello Ben!

The site icon can be added in the customizer under Setting > Site Identity > Site Icon

I hope this helps.

Hey Carlos,

Ha! Found it! Thanks! Will let the guys know about this! :wink:

Ben

One good thing about the update though is the Theme Customizer can now be directly accessed via the WP Top Admin Bar! Yey! :slight_smile:

Ben

Yeah!

It is now easier to get to it. That is good!

Hey Carlos,

Just letting you know that the Customizer toggling issue(items being hidden and/or not) is a core bug. You can check the link below for more info.
https://github.com/thethemefoundry/make/issues/277

Ben