Customizing logo, menu and social icon placement in header

Hello. It would seem that the only options for menu placement are center, right and bottom. This works fine for most of my clients but here is a unique case that is sure to come up again:

A client recently asked me to keep the social icons in the header and move the menu from the “bottom” position up into the header, below the social icons, to the right of their logo and just above the hero area.

I can’t seem to find an option that allows for that type of menu placement and still display the client’s social icons and phone number in the header. Is this possible without breaking the responsive functions? If so, how do I accomplish?

Thank you I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

I think I know what you mean. Unfortunately, what I think you are trying to accomplish can’t be done with the customizer or easy settings. It would need to be custom coded most likely using a child theme. Have you tried to convince them to perhaps use the top bar menu for social icons and text? I realize it is above the header, but more or less functions the same. You can then target those elements in the top bar, style them to whatever you like, etc. Let me know if that helps.

Best,
Billy

Thanks, Billy! I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I hadn’t considered the top bar because I simply don’t normally use it in my designs. I should be able to make that work.

Hey, thanks again for the great product and outstanding support- you guys rock!!

John

Awesome, glad to hear that will work! Let us know if we can do anything further, John, and thanks again!