Displaying Latest Post - Line Breaks

Hello, I hope all is well where you are.

Since getting on board with Beaver Builder roughly two years ago I have been fortunate in that I haven’t had to reach out to the BB Community but a couple of times. I do my best to find answers on my own. But as I prepare to roll out a new version of my site I’m having a problem doing something that I thought would be simple but as is often the case, there’s more to it than I thought.

I want to display my latest blog post in a column on my front page. Of course there is no shortage of tools to use and ways to make this happen. I first tried using UABB Advanced Posts and have since tried various plugins but as of this moment my issue is unresolved.

The problem is as I have discovered, Wordpress strips certain formatting from the code resulting in no line breaks. I’m not certain why this is done as the result is a solid block of text which to me at least looks bad.

In Advanced Posts under “Controls” > “Content Type” there are three choices; 1) Excerpt 2) Full Content 3) Custom Word Count. If 1 or 2 is selected a “Remove Line Breaks” Yes/No option is active. If Custom Word Count is selected this option is not available. It is important (for me at least) to be able to control the height of this column as it is 1/3 of a three column row. Upon discovering that there will be no line breaks with a custom word count I searched for a solution that would do what I need and I tried various plugins but so far, no joy. I also have seen solutions whereby code is added to certain files which I will do if I must to get the desired result. I have reached out to UABB support but no solution has been offered.

As I said, I thought this would be simple and in the end it may be. But at this point the solution is not clear to me.

Show the latest post, no date, no author, just the “Article” title, featured image and the content of the post.

I would very much appreciate any thoughts and/or ideas the experts here may have. I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Ken

This is the url of the test page where my efforts so far can be seen;

https://regencycollisioncenter.com/test_2/