Does not work with the theme?

The plugin does not seem to work with the theme. When I activate the page builder I’ll get the menu items, but when I click an item it not opens, but it brings me to a page on the website.

Please help me!

Hey Sebastiaan,

Could you try switching to a different theme and see if it works? You can try one of the free Twenty-X themes.

Ben

Obviously, I’ve tried that. Unfortunately, the customer has a template on which the plug-in is not working. They want to use this template. I tried to work with multipe themes. That is not working. Another solution?

Hey Sebastiaan,

Do you mind sending us a copy of the theme so we can test locally? You can send it to themes [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com.

Ben

Hey Sebastiaan,

It seems your theme is using an outdated version of jQuery(1.5.2, latest is 1.11.3) which is a problem even for WP. I’m getting JS errors on the frontend even without the BB plugin installed.

Is this theme still being maintained? Sorry for the question but I just can’t seem to find its website to check for change logs(the theme doesn’t contain any as well). If it isn’t already, I’d suggest switching to a different one as there may be vulnerabilities present. If it still is, you may want to get in touch with the developer and have them update the jQuery version it uses.

Ben

If you still want to use the theme without contacting the author, you could try deleting these lines of codes under /_admin/functions-setup.php on line 55.

wp_deregister_script('jquery'); 
wp_register_script('jquery', 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5/jquery.min.js', false, '1.5', true);
wp_enqueue_script('jquery');

It makes BB work but you may want to check the features of the theme as they might no longer be working.

Ben

Posting response from email:

Thanks for your help. The theme chosen by the client is no longer updated. I
have pointed out the problems and security risks. I now leave the choice to
the customer.

Thanks for the quick response! Have a nice day.

No worries! You do the same. :slight_smile:

Ben