In our development we are using the timber library for rapid themeing. When Beaver builder activated it’s not working. Is it somehow possible to make it work?
Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issues! Before we dive into this a bit further, would you mind following the below and providing any pertinent info involved?
- Disable all plugins and test the Beaver Builder while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a 3rd party plugin. If it is related to a 3rd party plugin, please let us know which.
- Step by step instructions on how to recreate the issue.
- Provide browser versions being used and error logs, if possible.
- Provide links to specific pages where the issues reside for testing purposes.
- Provide temporary WP login and FTP access to your site. (please use private reply)
Thanks in advance and look forward to figuring this out for you!
I think the main problem is that it is using its own templates with .twig ending. Please have a look at the plugin. It’s created by Upstatement and called timber. Is it necessary to use the loop?
Would you be able to provide us temp login/password via private reply to the site in question so we can do some testing?
Is it necessary to use the loop?
It is necessary to use the loop for the builder to function correctly but I’m willing to look into the possibility of it working without it. If you could send us temporary wp-admin and FTP login info we can take a closer look.
Okay i’ll create a dummy droplet. So you can experiment with timber and beaver builder. Would be great if we could make it work
Thanks, Shalla. I should be able to have a look at this by tomorrow.
I did some research and it appears that we added a check for the loop early on to combat issues with shortcodes and widgets that produce secondary loops within a builder layout. I do remember customers running into that issue with some fairly prominent plugins, so we’re very hesitant to remove that check, but I did find a workaround if you’re interested.
the_post(); in your page.php file above the Timber code will enable the loop and the builder will function correctly.
It looks like you’re not the first one to run into this issue, so I’m wondering if their decision to not include the loop might not have been a good one as the loop is a fairly standard WordPress convention.
Let me know if that works for you.
Thanks alot, that did it