Dotted line around image / button hyperlinks on Firefox / IE

Hi there,

This is the most awesome theme / plugin I have ever used. Well done to all :slight_smile:

Just one question:

I’ve been trying to find a CSS script to stop the dotted line appearing around buttons / image hyperlinks when you click on the object and when using Firefox. Something similar shows in Internet Explorer.

Search results provide so many results and most which I have tried have not worked.

Do you perhaps know of a script which will work with the BB theme.

Many thanks!

Hey GrantJ,

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forums! Try using the CSS snippet below. You can also check this site for more information!

a:focus {
    outline: none;
}

Hope this helps!

Ben

Thanks a stack for the super-fast response Ben! The CSS snippet is working 100% :slight_smile:

Hey GrantJ,

No worries! Enjoy both the weekend and The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben

Thanks for the tip Ben, that effect has always annoyed me & now I’m annoyed that it is such a simple fix & I didn’t know about it earlier :slight_smile:
Only kidding of course!
Cheers, Dave

Thank you Ben, I came looking for this and found the answer!!

Kat

Since first noting this thread, I discovered a more complete solution to lines around links.
I posted it elsewhere, but thought it would be useful here for future reference…
Pretty sure I found this on stackoverflow where there are lots of discussion and solutions on this topic.
Regards, Dave

a, a:active, a:focus, 
button, button:focus, button:active, 
.btn, .btn:focus, .btn:active:focus, .btn.active:focus, .btn.focus, .btn.focus:active, .btn.active.focus {
    outline: none;
    outline: 0;
}

input::-moz-focus-inner {
    border: 0;
}

Hey Kat,

No worries! :slight_smile:

Dave,

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Ben