Editing Existing Text

Can I edit existing content with the editor?
I was under the impression that I could - but upon adding text via the backend, I find that I cannot do anything to it from the front-end editor.

Is there a workaround, if this is the case? Our developer doesn’t like using editors - and our client can’t quite manage the backend.

Hi Jordan,

The page builder and text editor in the backend are separate pieces. I would recommend using the text module exclusively on the frontend for either your client or developer. It is much easier and user friendly then trying to use the backend for editing text. Essentially, you can activate the page builder in the page in question, add a text module, configure it as you see fit and add your text. It will then be easily editable by all parties! Let me know if you have any further concerns or questions.

Best,
Billy

Thanks for your response, Billy.
An odd thing has happened - I deleted the text in the backend, added the text editor to the front end - but when I copied the text over, it now displays twice on the page - AND I can’t edit either block using the pagebuilder. Any ideas?

For reference, I’m using the Avada theme.

That is an interesting issue, Jordan! Would you mind providing me access to the site in question? You can mark your reply as private and I’ll take a look!

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

An update on this: It seems that I can’t edit ANYTHING with the page builder once it has been placed on the page. I should be able to edit text placed with the page builder at least, correct?

Hi Jordan,

My apologies, didn’t see your previous response until now. Can you tell me which page or pages you are using the builder on? Also, I noticed you have version 1.2.6, there is a newer version we released recently that you should upgrade to. To do so, just enter your email in the Settings tab > Page Builder > License. The update can then come through. I doubt that is the issue, but it’s always nice to have the latest version as we’re constantly working on enhancing the plugin!

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hi Jordan,

We’re thinking this new update may fix this issue. Can you please update the plugin in your dashboard? It requests FTP info otherwise I would do it for you! Once you get it updated, give it another shot and let me know if the issues are still present.

Best,
Billy

It is updated to version 1.2.7
Unfortunately this did not fix this issue.

Hi Jordan,

Would you be ok with sending us a login to test this out?

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

As it seems support closes soon, I just want to check in on this topic.
We are trying to set this up for a client, so I’m hoping to come up with some kind of solution soon.

I appreciate your guys’ help on this.

Hi Jordan,

We’re actually available for a few more hours (4pm PST). I will be looking into this shortly.

Thanks,
Justin

Ah, right - you are 2 hours behind me.
Sorry about that :slight_smile:

Hi Jordan,

No problem! I’m thinking this might be a plugin computability issue. I’m going to disable them one by one until I find it. Just a heads up. I’ll let you know what I find.

Justin

Hey Jordan,

It looks like you have a div tag <div id=“joverlay”></div> that is absolutely positioned and covering the content on all of your pages. I’m not sure what that’s for, but it’s not allowing you to click on builder content to edit it.

The CSS #joverlay { position: static; } will fix this but it might break whatever that div tag is intended for (if it even has a purpose at all).

Also, the Spider Video Player plugin is throwing a bunch of errors in the console but that doesn’t seem to be affecting the builder.

Thanks,
Justin

It was definitely the div - we have a “fade background” effect when the nav bar is activated.
Thank you guys for your the support! Your product is excellent.

Awesome, glad to hear it all worked out Jordan!

Best,
Billy