Embedding youtbue video does not work in Text Module

Trying to embed a youtbue video in a text editor. Using Add Media - From URL, pasting youtube URL and clicking Add to post. The following code appears in the text-editor module: [embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/embed], but the video is not shown, is this a known bug?

Tried this also on a site with only bb activated, twentyfifteen as theme, same behaviour.

If I paste a youtube link in a text editor module it’s just text.
If I paste in in a new post, and use the standard WP editor (so not the bb) it converts to an embed.

Login details for my test site will follow in a private reply.

[Content Hidden]

Hey Marcel,

Sorry to say but oEmbed doesn’t work on the Text Editor module. We tried to make it work but ran into some technical roadblocks. We do have a feature request to get that working though, feel free to vote for it on the link below if you have a minute. :slight_smile:
https://wpbeaverbuilder.uservoice.com/forums/270594-general/suggestions/8227899-fix-oembeds-in-text-module

In the meantime, you can use either the Video module or the iframe code from YouTube itself.

Ben

I too, was having issues embedding, even when using the video module.
However, I downloaded the video from YT and uploaded the mp4 version and that works in the video module.
The benefit here, is that the video will easily resize itself.
Ben,
Am I doing anything wrong in that the embed code is not working in the BB vid mod.
Even if I just use the ‘Copy Video URL’ as in the video, it did not work.
I just started a new site and will try it there, in case it was a site specific issue.
Meanwhile, I was able to get the videos on the page. http://mosquitoclear.com/mosquito-news/
Thanks Ben.
BB is the best!

Thanks for your reply. I think it is rather important this gets fixed ASAP.
I just imported a site from a customer and want to convert pages to using BB. If a page contains a combination of text and videos I need to rebuild those pages with either the iframe code, or video module.

Just don’t like the idea of something that works in ‘default’ WordPress doesn’t work with BB.

Hope we can get some priority on this issue.

Hey Jon,

I’ve tried it on my end just now. I simply copied the URL of the YouTube video, pasted it on a Video module in Embed mode, and it works fine. Is that how you did it? Is it not working still? If so, can you send temp admin access so we can check?

Marcel,

I have just now filed a bug report so our lead dev can check. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi,

any update on this from the lead dev?

Hey Marcel,

We already have a fix in place but haven’t thoroughly tested it yet. Hopefully, it makes it in time for 1.8 beta which we’re planning to release next week. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Jon,

I just tried it on your site and it’s resulting to a 403 error, most likely caused by a ModSec rule being triggered. Can you get in touch with your hosting provider and see if they can add yet another exception to it?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Jon,

Sorry, not really sure what you meant with that second link. It’s actually the same link that I visited the other day. I did try it on that site as well and the same thing is happening, a 403 error appears which is most likely a ModSec error due to a rule being triggered. I’d suggest getting in touch with your hosting provider and either have them turn it off, or add an exception for the video.

Ben

I will check with hosting company.
When I try, I don’t see any error. It just hangs up.

Off Topic 1: It would be nice to not to have to login every day. Can the login be set to remain logged in for 14 days, 30 days or more? No real need to reply, as it is a global issue. So, if any changes are made, I am sure I will read about it in the newsletter or notice that I am not logged out after a day.

Off Topic 2: One more thing. I was given some bits of CSS code to effect changes to padding in the header nav menu. The 4 I was given are…

@media (max-width: 768px) {
.fl-page-nav-bottom .fl-page-header-content {
display: none;
}
}
@media (min-width: 768px) {
.fl-page-nav .navbar-nav > li > a {
padding-top: 6px;
padding-bottom: 6px;
}
}
@media (max-width: 768px) {
.fl-page-nav-bottom .fl-page-header-content {
display: none;
}
}
@media (min-width: 768px) {
.fl-page-nav ul.sub-menu li a {
padding: 4px;
}
}

While I keep a sheet here of these tweaks, do you guys keep a running ‘Cheat Sheet’ of CSS tweaks that folks have requested? You must have provided hundreds of bits of code since the start. It would be a nice thing to be able to access. I envision a running chart which details the code and what it does, either in written form or with pics. Just a suggestion.

Hey, Thanks Ben! The support process at BB is superb. I look forward to renewing my membership.

Hey Jon,

Sorry, but do you think you can post your own thread re the off topics? It’s just that this isn’t originally your thread to begin with. :slight_smile:

Ben

Thanks Ben, looking forward to the fix :slight_smile:

No worries at all, Marcel. :slight_smile: