Equal Height columns and IE11

Not sure if it’s right to post this here as I resolved the issue, but if it helps someone…

I had a 3 column row set to equal height. The one of the column had an image that was larger than the container allowed at full width.

All browsers (including IE10) displayed it correctly. IE11 made the columns about twice the length. with empty contain. The solution was to either make the image the right size (no good as I needed to be large for other responsive views) or by adding a set width for the image with CSS. I know IE11 has some flexbox bugs, but I did not find a solution online.

Perhaps there is a better way. Makes me wonder if we need a tips area?

Hi David,

I’ve looked at the recent commits and there has been a commit related to equal heights related to IE11.

If you like, I can share this fix with you, it is simply adding one CSS property to the builder-layout.css file.

Thanks,
Danny

Excellent. Thanks Danny. Please share. I might learn something from it.

Hi David,

I’ve spoken to one of my colleagues and they have informed me that the commit is related to another issue. I apologise, if I got your hopes up. :frowning:

Unfortunately, your issue is a bug in IE which is out of our hands.

Thanks,
Danny

No problem. I only really wanted to share my fix. It won’t be long before IE11 is gone. 7% now and counting down!

Haha and I can’t wait!

Also, thanks for the sharing the fix, we appreciate it.

Thanks,
Danny