Error with "coming soon" template?

Hi, I have set up a clean install of bb plugin and using the bb child theme, and while testing this plugin I used the “coming soon” template and set it up with campaignmonitor.

But there seems to be some problems with the form - when I click the fields, and write nothing appears - and the tab to switch fields does`nt work either. You can see demo here; www.mevo.no

This is very early in the testing for me, so my question is; Have I configured anything wrong while setting up the plugin - or is this an actual bug that everyone has?

best regards
Kristian

Hey Kristian,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

Actually, on that template, the Row Text Color is set to white and the texts inside the form are inheriting that. The form is actually working, just that the background of the field is the same as the font-color, making it invisible. You can change the Row Text Color to something else other than white.

I’ll have the guys check that template and possible fix it by the next update(probably next week). Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

Ben

Cool, thanks for the quick reply!

Is there a way to change the default text in the fields from “Name” and “Email adress” btw?

Sorry for the newbie questions here… I just want to know how to do it correctly and not just hack it pieces the first day I try it out. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Kristian

Hey Kristian,

Sorry I missed your reply, could’ve gotten to it sooner! :wink: The text in the fields are set to inherit so it follows whatever color property you apply to its nearest DOM, or if the theme you are using applies a general color styling to the input fields, it follows that as well. If you want to override those, you can use the CSS snippet below.

.fl-form-field input[type=text] {
  color: black;
}

Ben

Ah, Im sorry if I wasnt clear - I want to change the text in the form - not the color. But it does`nt seem to be anywhere to do it in the page builder interface… or is it?

Hey Kristian,

Sorry, was a bit hasty in my reply above. Unfortunately, there’s no such setting for that.

Ben

So… if it`s a multilingual site - all the forms need to be in english?

Hey Kristian,

It will be translated to the language you choose. Check the link below for our current available translations.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/knowledge-base/available-translations/

Ben