Error with rows not responding in pro version

Since upgrading from the lite to the pro version, we’ve recently encountered a situation where rows (existing or new) cannot be edited, moved, etc. Widgets and columns inside rows still act as they should, but rows are greyed out or locked. This problem occurred today for the first time (although, we’ve had no reason to be in the site over the past few days).

We have tried this in Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m as well as IE 11 with the same result.

We’ll provide WP page and access in a private reply.

[Content Hidden]

Hey Spearl,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

Sorry but I can’t seem to replicate the issue with the user you gave us(it doesn’t have enough permission). Do you mind updating it to an admin level? I’d love to check it out. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Sheryl,

Sorry for the delay. I am getting a JS error when on the Page Builder so that’s probably what’s causing it. I noticed you have an older version though. 1.6.1.1. Our latest version is 1.6.2.1. Try updating the plugin to the latest version and see if the problem is still there.

Ben

Just to add, I tried creating a test page titled BB Test Page, and everything works just fine there. I guess my question is, is this happening on all pages? I noticed you have a lot.

Ben

Hi Ben,

I just updated to 16.2.1 and the same issue is occurring. I went to the page that you created. It is working fine in the section where the strawberries are, but everything else on that page is experiencing the same issue of not being able to access the row box and when I move the other widgets far enough away from the row box to actually click the tool box icons, they display as not clickable and in fact, aren’t clickable. Please specifically look at http://www.growthcorpalliance.com/exto-media-resource-center/ You will see that some of the rows works, but you can barely capture them as they are hidden behind the call out boxes. Some of the row boxes are totally behind the text boxes, and some you can actually see, but aren’t clickable. Any advice is absolutely welcome. I’m not really sure what to do at this point.

Thank you so much!!

Sheryl

Hey Sheryl,

I think this has something to do with the theme you are using. Could you try using another theme(one of the twentyX themes) and see if you get the same problem? I think the theme is adding styling to general elements. If you’re still having the same problem with a different theme, try the plugin deactivation route, i.e., disable all plugins and test the Beaver Builder while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a 3rd party plugin.

Also, I keep forgetting to tell you this. You may want to change your display name to something other than your email. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben,

So, I just created a new page and used a BB theme and the same issue is occurring. Please see http://www.growthcorpalliance.com/new-theme/ look at the bottom where I added a row with three columns. So, I don’t think it’s related to the theme (especially since it was working fine until two days ago). Also, we didn’t update or change any of the other plugins. I’m concerned about deactivating the plug-ins as I’m not super familiar with websites and worried that there might be a negative affect on our custom theme. Any other suggestions? Can you tell what type of JS error is occurring?

Thanks!

Sheryl

Hey Sheryl,

So you’re saying this site was working fine with the BB Lite Version? Do you mind installing that, deactivate the Standard Version and see if it works?

I think the JS error is related to the Kiwi Carousel plugin. It’s using an older version of BXslider which makes our own Slideshow module not work.

Ben

Hi Ben,

I had upgraded to Pro mid-week last week. All was working great with the new Pro version for at least 4 days, then this started happening. I’ll try inactivating the Kiwi Carousel and then look at the BB modules and see if it makes a difference. I’ll let you know shortly.

Thanks,

Sheryl

Okay, I tried deactivating the Kiwi Carousel and it didn’t make a difference. I also updated the Multiple Content Block plugin and tried, still no difference. Then I deactivated it with no difference so I reactivated it again. If I remove BB altogether, what will happen to all of the pages that I built using BB?

Hey Sheryl,

All the BB layout will still be in the DB. Once you reactivate BB on your site, the page layouts will be back. Also, when I said theme on my previous response, I meant to say the GrowthCorp theme that are using under Appearance. I’m fairly certain this is caused by that theme. Would you mind switching to a different theme, like the Twenty Fourteen one and check if the same problem is happening? You can do so under Appearance > Themes.

Ben

Hi Ben,

So I contacted our web designer. This is what he had to say about the situation: “Some reason the editor was adding inline padding for those containers that override the one I added in the css so I’ve forced an override of their override.”

Everything appears to be working now. Hopefully, the triple override won’t cause any problems in the future. :wink:

I do appreciate all of your assistance with this. Fingers crossed all will stay good.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sheryl

Hey Sheryl,

That’s good to hear! And thanks for sharing it. Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben