External URL in Callout Module

Since there currently is no way to select Image Type -> “external url” in Callout module, could you suggest a work-around? (Other than separate modules stacked in a column.)

Maybe there is simple code I can add to the module to include external url?

I’m building a products template where the callouts can be duplicated for multiple products on a page. Using separate modules, instead of one callout module, would create a huge amount of work. Over 300 callouts are required. Separate modules would triple the duplication work.

Hey DJ,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry but I’m not sure I understand your problem. Did you want to put an image on the callout module from an external site?

Ben

Ben,

Thank you. Yes. Notice when you open the Photo module you have the option to select photo source: media library or url.

Or notice when you go into the text editor and select add media above the tool bar… the resulting media library opens with the ability to insert external url.

Could you suggest a solution or a workaround where I might add the capability to insert external image url in the callout module?

Hey DJ,

In the Callout module, we have a call to action tab to where you can set a URL both internally/externally which applies to the entire module. That is the best we can offer at the moment with the callout module. Hope that helps and sorry if that wasn’t quite the answer you were looking for.

Best,
Billy

Oh, sorry DJ, just realized what you were after, was a bit hasty in responding! Anyway, unfortunately no, that functionality isn’t available in the Callout module. You are welcome to request that as a feature if you like via User Voice and we’ll take a look at some point.

Best,
Billy

Billy,

Thank you. Yeah, I was hoping you might have a snippet I could add to the callout module that would add image url as an additional drop-down option under the image tab. Similar to what you have in the Photo module.

I reluctantly ended up bringing 465 images over from another server.

Hey DJ,

You probably have your own reasons why you’re using images from external sites but this thread on SE has a list of disadvantages for that. I just thought I’d place it here.

Anyway, definitely put that one up on our User Voice. The guys love to go there when they’re shopping for new ideas to implement. It doesn’t need to have a lot of votes.

Ben