Fatal error: Allowed memory size but PHP memory limit is 768M

I am getting this error on the ‘Pages’ Wordpress dashboard page:

Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1282048 bytes) in /home/customer/www/energydrivesystems.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php on line 2397

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I contact the host and the PHP memory limit is set to 768M. These are the hosting specs, so there is enough memory:
Storage: 10GB
Memory: 768MB
Bandwidth: ~ 10,000 Visits

This is the website link: https://energydrivesystems.com/

I have disabled plugins and installed them one by one, only when I deactivate Beaver Builder does the error go away.

What could be causing this? Please help!

Talk to your the support team where you host the website and ask them to up the meomory for you. That isn’t a Beaver Builder issue.

I contact the host and the PHP memory limit is set to 768M. These are the hosting specs, so there is enough memory:
Storage: 10GB
Memory: 768MB
Bandwidth: ~ 10,000 Visits

You may have told PHP it can use up to 768M but its your database that is hitting the memory limit as there isnt 768M available on the server. Its probably shared with 100s if not 1000s of other websites.

Thank you for your reply.

Just so I understand correctly, does the database also have a memory limit that needs to be increased?

The wordpress php class (wp-includes/class-wpdb.php) is trying to access the database but there are not enough resources on the server to do that.

1 Like