Footer outside .fl-page div on boxed layout on pages with post module

I’m running into a little bug. I’m using the beaver builder theme and I put a posts module on a couple of pages with custom post types I’ve made with Themify’s Custom Post Type builder, and on those pages, it’s causing the footer to be full width instead of inside the page container.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c15mq3r0e

Footer acts normally on pages that don’t have posts module:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d85mq3u6f

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Morgan,

Do you think you can share the URL of the site in question so we can take a look? You can use the private reply option below if you want to. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Morgan,

Is this a custom module? As I am seeing a lot of elements in your page source not related to Beaver Builder such as ptb_module.

It is very likely that your custom code has too many </div> which is pushing the footer out the fl-page div.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,

I’m using Beaver Builder’s Posts module under “Advanced Modules” to post a feed of a custom post type created with a Post Type Builder plugin. The ptb_module stuff is from the custom post type.

Coincidentally if I add the post feed with their shortcode inside Beaver Builder text module instead of using the Posts module, the footer is fine.

Hi Morgan,

The issue has to be coming from that plugin. I have just created a CPT via the Custom Post Types UI plugin and when I use the Post Module on a page and display my custom post type. The Box footer is working as intended.

Also, I noticed that the content displayed isn’t the content added to the WordPress editor?

How are you displaying that ptb_module content, as by default the Post module will display what is entered into the editor. Both your property posts contain content in the editor, yet that content isn’t being displayed. Therefore, you must be using custom code to include that into the module itself?

Thanks,
Danny

Well it is really strange. If I choose “Excerpt” as the content type, then NOTHING displays at all.

Also, I don’t want the content in the editor displayed on the listings page anyways. It’s displaying exactly how I want it. It’s actually showing the Archive Template from the Post Type Builder, which doesn’t include the content field: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0185n381d7

Come to think of it, maybe because I don’t have a content field in the archive template, that’s why nothing shows up if I choose excerpt?

The Single Post Template displays the content field: http://awesomescreenshot.com/03c5n38502

This is my first time using this Post Type Builder plugin, so it’s still a bit new to me. At any rate, I’ll just switch to using the shortcode inside a text widget and that will fix the problem. or I can even do a quick CSS fix to it and it will be fine. I updated both the BB plugin and the PTB plugin at the same time, and I think somehow after that of fiddling with adding the posts to the page it broke the footer.

Hi Morgan,

I have no experience with that plugin, can you provide a link to where you downloaded it, please?

Also, if you replace the all the options in your screenshot and just use Title, Featured Image and Excerpt. Do you get the same issue with your Footer?

As updating both Beaver Builder and the other plugin hasn’t cause the issue with your footer, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Danny

I got it from Themify: https://themify.me/post-type-builder

It won’t let me create a second template for that post type to test, and I don’t really want to go through re-making the template. I’ve already changed from using the posts module to just using their shortcode inside a text module and it works fine. My client is reviewing the site today/tomorrow as well, so I can’t really mess around with it too much at this point. Sorry!

Yeah I wasn’t sure if one or the other caused the issue or not. I just know it was working fine before I updated, but after I updated, it didn’t show the post feed properly so I removed it from the page and re-added it. After that is when the footer wasn’t showing properly.

Hey Morgan,

Do you think you can send us a copy of the plugin so we can check? You can send it over to hello [at] wpbeaverbuilder [dot] com.

Ben

Hello,

I sent the plugin to that email address as requested.

Thanks!
Morgan

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for sharing the plugin. I installed it, created a custom post type and customized the archive template. I then created a new page and added the Posts module to it, set the theme to Boxed and saved.

When the page refreshed, the footer was boxed as well. Therefore, is it possible for you to export the custom post type settings and taxonomies so I can test your layout on my test site, please? This way, I don’t disturb your current layout.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,

I’ve emailed the exported json file to the email address I sent the plugins to. Thanks so much!

Best,
Morgan

Hi Morgan,

I have to say this has me scratching my head. There is as far as I can tell definitely a </div> pushing the Footer out of the fl-page div which is why the footer is appearing full-width.

I am going to need to speak to one of our developers for further investigation. In the meantime, you should be able to use the Post module with that plugin and have a fixed width footer using the following CSS:

footer {
    width: 1100px;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

As soon as I have more information, I will reply to his topic.

Thanks,
Danny