Fresh install, FLBuilderLayout is not defined

Hi all,

I’ve made a custom thema and installed Beaver Builder v2.2.2.5 on it. This works perfectly on my localhost. no problems at all.
So, today I’m installing a new Wordpress v5.2.2 version on a PHP 7.3 Plesk host. Removed the default plugins, installed my theme, installed a few plugins (Yoast, WordFence, CF7). At last I’m installing Beaver v2.2.2.5 on it.
After this, i’ve tried to edit a page to test if everything works fine, and well, it doesn’t seem to be. In my console I get the following error while in the editor of Beaver: “Uncaught ReferenceError: FLBuilderLayout is not defined”, this resulting, for example, the builder to place 3 columns above eachother, instead of next to.

What i’ve tried: set PHP to 7.2 and disable every other plugin. This didn’t help.
Since i’ve just started to put this site up, i’ve decided to remove everything and reupload and install Wordpress. This time i’ve skipped installing my theme and other plugins, but did remove the default plugins and installed Beaver Builder. Unfortunately this didn’t help.
I’ve also tried to set the max_input_vars to a high value, 10000. And increase the value of max_input_time, post_max_size and upload_max_filesize.

Hopefully some can help me with this issue :slight_smile:

Hi Dominique,

Can you switch to one of the WordPress Twenty X themes and see if you receive the same error.

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your response. On my second try i’ve used the default twentynineteen theme on a fresh WordPress v5.2.2 installation, without any other plugin active or even installed. This results the same error.

Can you send a support ticket so our team can take a closer look, please.

Hi Danny,

We didn’t bought any package yet since we’re still trying to find out the right pagebuilder for our customers. We’ve used WPBakery builder in our previous theme, but aren’t completely satisfied with the use of it for our customers.
Could you help us here on the forum since we don’t have an account on the main site of Beaver?

@Danny Could you have a look at my previous post?

@Dominique

Can you provide a link to your site and also enable debug mode via WordPress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Beaver Builder > Tools and provide a link to the debug info.

Hi Danny,

I was about to deliver you the debug info, but noticed it to work now. Since the new site isn’t live yet, i’ve installed an new WP on a live subdomain. It made me think that it could be possible that the builder needs to connect to a live site. Since i’ve build the theme on my localhost and installed the builder on there as well, this didn’t seem to be the problem.
I tried if the mainsite did work now as well, but the same problem was still there. I’ve moved it to the subdomain and again, problem still there. Somehow i’ve openend another testpage to edit and there it seems to work. Moved it back to the maindomain and everything seems to be fine now, somehow…

For now we can move on with the theme, thank you :slight_smile:

Ok that is odd. If you encounter the issue again, contact us via the link below (no license required) and include a link to this topic.