FrontEnd Editor

Hallo

the only thing that I am missing from BB is a frontend editor.
it really speeds up with lot of content.

I am trying BB with some other plugins like WP Quick Frontend, and they seem to work fine, with the front end active both inside and outside BB (the best, so you dont need to load BB to make changes) for even more speed.

Sadly though, the work doesnt save.

Any suggestion?

Best
Ed

Hey Ed,

Thanks for getting in touch! Not really sure what you mean there when BB is a frontend editor itself. I checked the WP Quick Frontend plugin and although it allows you to edit the contents of the page rapidly, it only can offer so much in terms of layout and styling. And I wouldn’t really advise using 2 page builders/frontend editors at once. They usually end up having conflicts with each other.

Ben

Hey Ben,

thanks for your support.
yes I like the frontend feature of BB to build the website, its just the best I’ve found out there, honestly.
But in my environment, I need contributors to just write text, the fastest way. So all the page building features are overkilling and even dangerous.

May be I am missing the right way to do this.
My solution is to set BB only on pages and dynamically load posts/cpt (where BB is not active). So contributors will be working on post through the backend.
Is this the right way to do this?
Also, and even better, there is a way to load this chunk of text from gdocs or a similar service?

Anyway, what I was trying to say on the previous post, is that having a BB feature that, depending on user permissions, allows to write (and only write) directly on the page would be awesome and just solve the point.

Best
Ed

Hey Ed,

That’s good to hear! :slight_smile:

Yes, that would be one way to do it. And you can set user permissions to make sure your contributors can’t touch the pages. I don’t think there is a way to automatically transfer text from gdocs or any other service directly to a WP page though. I tried searching but can’t find one. You could check Zapier.

You can always head over to our User Voice Forums and add in a feature request. :slight_smile:

Ben