GeneratePress Disable Elements

Not sure whether this is a plugin question for Beaver builder or theme question for Generate Press so I’ll start here.

GeneratePress has an addon called “Disable Elements” which on a per page basis disables elements such as Page Title, Navigation, Heade and Footer which is really handy if making a landing page especially when you couple it with the awesomeness of Beaver Builder.

Disable Elements Plugin

Whenever I edit the page with Beaver Builder and then save the changes the settings I have checked to disable become unchecked and the elements reappear. Not normally a big deal because I just go back into edit page and check them again.

I have a site I want a client to edit his landing pages and I want to avoid her having to do this so wondering if anyone is able to help out and track down this bug.

Hey Tama,

Would it be possible to get temporary admin and FTP access to check this out? I’d like to dig into the code and have a look at how GeneratePress is saving their settings. Let me know if that’s possible.

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Tama. I will check that out.

Justin

Hi Tama,

My apologies for the delay, it has been busy! I looked into this and the issue appears to be on their end, although I do have a fix you can present them.

The issue is that they are hooking into the save_post action and their function has a bug that makes it think it’s always running on the post edit screen. That’s because their true/false check is wrapped in quotes on line 213 of gp-premium/addons/generate-disable-elements/inc/functions.php…

$is_valid_nonce = ( isset( $_POST[ 'generate_de_nonce' ] ) && wp_verify_nonce( $_POST[ 'generate_de_nonce' ], basename( FILE ) ) ) ? 'true' : 'false';

To fix that, they just need to remove the quotes so a real boolean value is returned…

$is_valid_nonce = ( isset( $_POST[ 'generate_de_nonce' ] ) && wp_verify_nonce( $_POST[ 'generate_de_nonce' ], basename( FILE ) ) ) ? true : false;

Get in touch with them and feel free to reference this thread. I’d be happy to chime in if needed.

Justin

No apology needed Justin, support here is fantastic. Thanks for looking into that, especially since the bug was with GP not BB. I tested it and it works so have posted your reply in their support forum.