Google Fonts & Background Image Change

Hello Everyone —

First of all, I beg for forgiveness — I’m brand new to this. I will do searches first, but undoubtedly I will ask some foolish questions. Two issues, one I have solved – sort of.

When I would enter text and it was in the H3 size, I would get a green background behind the text. This occurrer only with H3 sized type. I disabled Google Fonts and the issue went away. I’m not sure what the issue is, but ideas are welcome.

My second problem is changing a background image. I successfully created a background image but am unable to change it. I go to Beaver Build Child Theme | Customize | General | Background | Background Image | Change Image | select an image from my Media Library , choose the image, and click Save and Publish. The button changes to “Saved.” I then go to my pages and click update. The background image doesn’t change. It makes no difference if I launch the Beaver Builder editor or just hit update.

Again, sorry. Human error is likely in place here but I can’t find it.

Ralph

Hey Ralph,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

Can you share the URL of the site in question so we can take a look?

Regarding the background image, we’ve a default background color assigned to the content area which is white, the background image you’ve assigned is under that. You need to change the content area background color to transparent before you can see the background image you’ve set. This can be done under Appearance > Customize > Content > Content Background. Just delete the value on the color picker and click out of it. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Ralph,

It seems the Easy Google Fonts plugin is adding a background color to your H3 tags. Not really sure why that is and I can’t find a setting for it. I haven’t used that plugin before as well so not really sure what’s wrong there. Is there a reason you’re using that plugin though? Both the BB theme and plugin should support Google Fonts by default. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hello again, Ben —

The Easy Google Fonts plugin was recommended to me somewhere along the line. I haven’t found a definite need for it, so I can delete it – no problem.

Regarding the background image – I haven’t had a chance to try this again, but initially (a few days ago) I was able to create a background image and it’s there on my pages. However, I haven’t been able to CHANGE it to another image. Does this still relate to a background color? It would seem that this shouldn’t be an issue since I was able to put a background image in place. I just can’t change it to another image.

Thanks –
Ralph

Hey Ralph,

Okay, I see the problem now with the background image. The old background was set as a Content Background and is overlapping the General Background you just set. Head over to Appearance > Customize > Content > Content Background and either remove the background image there or change it. :slight_smile:

Ben

OK, Ben —

Now it works. I’ll try and remember this route.

Thank you!

Ralph

No worries! Have fun with BB! :slight_smile:

Ben