Gravityview search widget not working on builder

Hey guys -

We are using Gravityview to show some Gravity Forms entered form data as a directory. We are trying to use the Gravityview search widget to power a search on the homepage but the widget isn’t functioning as it should. If I go into the backend and access the widget in the widgets area, it works as it should. The process looks like this:

Select a gravityview
Then it displays an option for selecting fields to search

When done on the builder (front-end), I select the form, but the ajax function that pops up the field selectors doesn’t ever show.

Need to get this feature worked out asap. What do you recommend? Let me know if you need login details.

Cheers
David

[Content Hidden]

Hey David,

I’m having our lead dev take a look at this. Do you think you can send us a copy of the plugin over to themes [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com? He may need that to test on his dev server. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey David,

Our lead dev already had a look into this and sorry to say, the way the plugin/widget works is not compatible with BB. I was going over their website and noticed there is a way to use their plugin via shortcodes so you might want to try that.
http://docs.gravityview.co/article/73-using-the-shortcode

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey David,

I just went in to the site and created a test page titled ‘BB Test Page’, placed a shortcode there inside a Text Editor module and it works just fine. Can you double check and see if that’s the desired output?

Ben

That isn’t the issue. You’ve created the gravity view listing page with built in search. Not an issue. I am trying to use the the search only feature which comes as a widget.

So - if you place the search widget in the builder and compare to the search widget in the widgets area, you will see the issue. At first it works fine but it is suppose to display some additional options once a view is selected and it doesn’t on the builder version.

Hey David,

I tested out the copy you sent over but couldn’t get the widget to show up. Is there something I need to configure to test that?

Justin

Hey Justin - so - you have to create a view first and then you can select that view from the widget.

You could export mine and import into your environment.

Hi David,

I created a view but the issue is that I’m not seeing the widget at all. Not in Beaver Builder and not under Appearance > Widgets. Does it need to be enabled somehow?

Justin

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

That’s it! However, now it’s saying I need the latest version of GravityView for that to work. Arrrggg :slight_smile: Can you send that over? I tried updating but it’s not working.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hi David,

I did enter the license code but it says I’m unauthorized (or something to that affect) when I try to update. It might be because my dev environment is a multisite install and their updater/licensing doesn’t support that. Can you send me the latest?

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, David! Testing now.

Justin

Hi David,

I was finally able to test the widget and found that the reason those fields aren’t showing up in Beaver Builder is because they are being added via JavaScript that is only loaded on the wp-admin/widgets.php page. I can confirm that this is the case with wp-admin/customize.php as well (doesn’t work there at all). Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you! You might try contacting the GravityView team to see if there is anything they can do about that.

Justin