Header displayn is different depending on browser.

I have a site that is currently under construction that tries to use an image in the header. The image size is 1000x147 px.
On Firefox the image displays correctly but on Chrome, Safari and Opera, the image is minimized.
I do have screenshots but there is no way to upload them here…
The site is currently offline and the header image has been changed to an image 185x20 which works on all browsers.

Question…How do I get the header image of 1000x147 to display correctly on all browsers?

I will email the screenshots to you.

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting in touch! That appears to be some sort of CSS issue, have you checked your coding for that to ensure all is clean and correct? Would you mind sending me a link to the site so I can take a look?

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,
There is no code as such, I simply used the BB header in the Appearance > Theme Settings > Header. So the code is yours :slight_smile:
I cant give you a link to the site as it is ‘down’ and the header has been replaced anyway.
Did you see the email I sent through with the screenshots?

Craig

Hi Craig,

I actually thought that might have been the case after the fact. I did see the screenshots (thank you), however, I won’t really be able to troubleshoot this for you without getting into the site or viewing it live so I can do some inspecting/testing. Let me know if and when you have the site back up and I would be happy to take a look!

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hi Craig,

My apologies, you caught us right as we were leaving for the day. I checked the site last night, but it was offline. I am available this morning if you would like me to take a look.

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,
:slight_smile:
Thanks!

Hi Craig,

The particular design skin you are using may be the issue here as it isn’t necessarily intended for a banner type logo. One option that helped was setting the menu to centered as opposed to bottom. You’ll see the banner is working the way it should now. While it removes the social icons, you can use Font Awesome for the actual social icons in the WordPress menu which is a pretty cool technique these days. Let me know if that helps!

Best,
Billy

Thanks Billy, That works!

Perfect, glad to hear, thanks!