Heading sizes

Hi support,

I’m having a problem with font sizes in the customiser, I’m using a Google font (Montserrat) but no matter what sizes I change heading settings to in General > Headings nothing changes. When I change font weight that works fine.

Thanks, Gerry

Hey Gerry,

That sounds like it could be caching related. Do you have a caching plugin installed by chance? If you do, go ahead and disable it for now and give it a shot. Let me know how it goes.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Gerry,

Interesting. I just logged in and was able to successfully change all of the heading sizes and see the result on the page. Can you tell me a bit more about what you are using in terms of system, browser(s), etc.?

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

Thanks for typically fantastic support.

OK, it look as though I haven’t been specific enough with my ticket.

The problem just seems to be with post headings as shown on the sidebar of home page. Before I posted I checked the forum and read that post headings are now all the same as other content, i.e. H1.

So the problem only seems to be on posts snippets.

On cheking I’ve just noticed another potential problem. We’re building the site using the custom header and nav menu however this presents a problem when clicking through on to a full post as it has no header or menu.

How would you advise I solve that?

Thanks, Gerry

Aha, yes, that is interesting and I may need to issue a bug report on that. For now, the below CSS snippet should get you going with the font size and adjusting the line-height:

body h2.fl-post-feed-title {
    font-size: 16px;
    line-height: 28px;
}

Re. the blog, yes, that has come up before. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way around that aside from using the page builder in each post and applying your global row that contains the logo and menu. Sorry about that!

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

Thanks for support and the CSS, that’s fixed the problem, if you could put a bug report in to get this fixed going forward that would be appreciated.

The missing header on posts is going to be a major disadvantage to using the feature (this is first time I’ve used it). I’ve worked round it by adding a custom menu widget and recent posts to sidebar. Adding the module to every post doesn’t seem viable to me as most clients will be blogging without getting involved with the page builder.

Not sure if there’s anything you’re going to be able to do about this in future updates but I’m finding with content marketing being so important these days every site needs a blog as integral to the site. If part of the main site is missing (ie header and nav menu) then the blog is not fully integrated.

Hope you guys can come up with something.

Thanks, Gerry

Yep, bug report issued on the headings!

We are planning on looking more at the theme here soon for enhancements. We’ll see what we can do here!

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

I’ve added a top bar menu which improves things somewhat.

Thanks again for help.

Gerry

That’s a great idea, Gerry, didn’t even think about doing something like that. Think I may suggest that to the other user also wanting this type of setup!

Hi Billy,

Pleased you liked my idea, I’m not bad with the simple stuff!

One other question if you don’t mind, the reason we set up a custom menu was simply to right align the nav menu and add separator lines between the menu items. That’s not possible out of the box as you know with the default menus but I’m guessing the support team might have had requests about this before although I couldn’t find them.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction or suggest CSS that would achieve that?

Thanks,

Gerry

Hey Gerry,

Try using the CSS snippets below and see if they work out for you. Feel free changing the values.

@media (min-width: 768px) {
  /* Right align menu items */
  .fl-page-header-primary .fl-page-nav {
    float: right;
  }
  /* Change link background color on hover and when on the page */
  .fl-page-header-primary .fl-page-nav ul li:hover, .fl-page-header-primary .fl-page-nav ul li.current-menu-item {
    background: red;
  }
  /* Add dividers between menu items */
  .fl-page-header-primary .fl-page-nav ul.nav > li {
    border-right: 1px solid #FFF;
  }
  .fl-page-header-primary .fl-page-nav ul.nav > li:last-child {
    border-right: 0px;
  }
}

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot, I’ll try that :slight_smile:

Cheers, Gerry

Hi Ben,

That works a treat thanks, appreciate your help :slight_smile:

Gerry

Awesome! Have fun with BB! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hey Gerry,

Just as a heads-up, we fixed up the heading size in the posts feed module so that it honors the heading size setting from the customizer. That will be in our next maintenance release.

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

That’s good to hear and I really appreciate the heads up :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Gerry

Hey there, I want to add dividers in between menu items as well, but only specific menus. And I don’t want them to be a ‘border’ I want it to just be a “·” symbol. Is there a way to accomplish this with CSS?

Hey andrewpeters,

Try the CSS snippet below and see if it’s what you’re looking for. Insert a custom menu class name to target a specific menu. eg. .custom-menu-class . I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference.

http://imgur.com/D1pbmV9

.fl-module-menu.custom-menu-class ul.menu li.menu-item a{
    border-right: 1px dotted #000; 
}

.fl-module-menu.custom-menu-class ul.menu li.menu-item:last-child a{
    border-right: 0px;
}

Thanks!

KC