Help: Receiving 500-Internal Error

Hi,

I selected NOT to include in my sitemap “Templates (fl-builder-tempate)” within XML Sitemaps - Yoast SEO and now my site is down and I’m getting a 500-Internal Server Error.

How do I get back to my WP admin dashboard so that I can deselect that item and save? Or is there manual way that I might be able to fix this?

This is urgent, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hey Robert! Sorry you’re having trouble.

Can you send us a link to the site?

Also, I am not sure if I understand how the problem started. Can you elaborate? If the issue happened after changing a setting in the Yoast SEO plugin, you can disable the plugin via FTP. If you goto your plugins folder and change the name of the Yoast SEO plugin to something different, it will be disabled when you refresh the page.

Also, if you haven’t already, try turning WP_DEBUG on in your wp-config.php file and see if there are any error messages.

Hi Robby,

Thanks for the suggestion! We disabled the plugin the way you suggested and the site’s back up. I’ll investigate what happened and get back with you if I have any other questions.

Thanks again!!

Awesome! Glad that worked out. Definitely let us know if you find out what happened, or if you have any other questions!