Home page Logo link

I have created a home page with out the header and footer here http://www.everyonesparty.org/ which is seen as the home page by BB.

Is there a way that i can change the link on the logo to http://www.everyonesparty.org/home/ my actual home page?

Regards
Brian

Hey Brian! Thanks for reaching out with your question. The logo link comes from your your Site Address in WordPress’ general settings. If you change it there, the logo should pull in the new link. Let me know if that works for you.

No that does not work. It jsut stays on the orignal home page with out the header and footer!

Hmm, just to confirm, were you using the Site Address (URL) setting shown below:

Would it be possible for me to get a temporary admin login to you site to play around?

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hi Brian. Sure enough, this doesn’t seem to be working with your setup. Sorry to lead you down the wrong path there.

What I would do instead is just override the header.php file in your child theme and hard code the header/homepage link. Are you comfortable editing PHP files?

To do this, copy the header.php file from the parent theme to your child theme. Then, remove the line that calls the FLTheme::header_layout() method on line 48. Then, in your parent theme, find the includes/nav-right.php file and copy/paste all of that code into line 48. Make sure you close and open the PHP tags too.

If this is too much for you, I would be happy to set this up for you. I would just need FTP access to your site. Let me know.

Thanks for your help Bobby, i didnt think i was going mad!

Im not sure really how to get into the PHP (i wish i did)

Is there anyway you could help me with this?

Are there any videos regarding this kind of thing?

Hey Brian! We don’t have a video on this topic yet. It is rather advanced. If you can get me FTP access to your site I’d be happy to set it up for ya…

[Content Hidden]

Hey Brian. Thanks for sending this over. This account doesn’t have access to any of the site files, though. I’ll need the admin FTP account. Can you double check if that’s available and send over the login when you can. Thanks!

[Content Hidden]

That’s the one!

So I setup the header.php file in your child theme and just copy/pasted the markup directly into the file. You won’t be able to change the header style from the customizer any more. Just FYI (since it’s hard coded in now), but the logo link is pointed to the right place now!

Let me know if you have any other questions. :slight_smile:

Thats brilliant thanks Bobby!

No worries. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Just FYI, Robby, you don’t need to delete the lines on the custom header, you just need to create an /includes folder in the child theme and add the nav-right.php, and in there you hardcode the logo link :slight_smile: (I need to do it because I’m working on a one-page site and I don’t want the logo link refreshing the whole same page)

Best regards.

Thanks, David. That will work, too!