How to Add Custom Thumbnails to User Templates (Agency Version)

I just purchased the Agency upgrade pretty much for the template feature. I want to start to build my own library of designs along with the amazing ones provided by Beaver Builder itself.

Questions:

1. Where do I put a custom thumbnail so I can easily identify my own templates, similar to the experience of choosing a BB template?

2. What size should it be?

3. Assuming that it is the featured image for that template. Is that correct?

4. How do I save my templates so that I can use them across all of my sites from now on?

Can’t wait to start building my library!

Bodie

Hey Bodie,

Thanks for getting in touch!

1. This is the featured image of the template. You'll have to enable the template admin menu to be able to add to this.
  2. So long as it's in portrait mode it should be fine.
  3. Yes.
  4. If you are on a multisite install, you can override all of the templates network wide. You can do the same on a single install but you'll have to import your templates for each install. You can check out this blog entry for more information.

Note: Once you override the Core templates, they won’t be available anymore. If you want them included, you’ll have to load each template and save them.

Let us know if you need anything further! :slight_smile:

Ben

Ben,

Thanks for the response! Excited to get going. What is the ideal features image size?

I don’t plan on overriding the core templates. They’re great! I don’t use “multisite” but I want to be able to use my templates on all new sites. Will there be a way to copy or import/export them?

Thanks!

Hey Bodie,

No worries! I actually went back and checked the core templates thumbnails and the guys are using 400x390px. Apologies for my earlier reply, it isn’t really portrait but more like a square. But yes, you can use the same sizing and you should be good to go!

If you want the thumbnails to work, you’ll have to override the Core templates. And yes, you can export your templates just like how you would export a page as it is, after all, a custom post type.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Ben

Wait, so if I add a featured image to my own templates it means that they go away from the core Templates? Why? I definitely don’t want that!

How come I can’t have both since they are separated, right? That doesn’t make sense. Help!

Hey Bodie,

You can have both actually. What you need to do is load each core template to a page and save it as your own template. :slight_smile:

Ben

I thought you might say that! Ok, thanks for your help Ben!

No worries! Enjoy The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben