How to delete the sample themes loaded

1. The beaver theme has been hung up for an entire day. The editor has problems loading every function. The server developer find no problems with the server and there are no problems with our any other servers/websites that we maintain. the problem is isolated with Beaver Builder. How can we identify the problem and resolve it. The client’s website need to launch in less than 24 hours.

2. We built a custom theme and don’t need or want the other loaded themes. We thought the 'theme page’s would be of use, but we need customized pages. How can we delete all the sample themes?

thank you
Liz

1. The BB editor was working fine for weeks. This is a sudden problem. To offer more info for the first problem, where all functions of the editor are slow/hanging, here is some script while this is happening. Every page and function is slow.

Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. font-awesome.min.css:4:2572
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-scrollbar’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. jquery.nanoscroller.css:20:43
ReferenceError: tinymce is not defined understanding-activation-levels:2181:1
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-inner-spin-button’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. bootstrap.min.css:10:1545
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘alpha(’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. imgareaselect.css:23:12
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘alpha(’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. imgareaselect.css:30:12

Hey Liz,

Sorry to hear about the problem. We are looking into this and will get back to you shortly. Meanwhile, let’s have you go through the plugin deactivation route first, i.e., disable all plugins and test the Beaver Builder while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a 3rd party plugin.

Thanks!

KC

Thanks KC,

Luckily I didn’t have to go through all of that work!

Today the back-end is functioning as it should, without making any changes. I have reported this to the server developers who are also inspecting this problem (reviewing the inspector code). As you can see by the sample code, there were problems with rulesets; dropped declaration for skin and for carousel; unkonwn property of all types; errors in parsing values of all types;etc.etc. I will keep you updated. Considering that I spent 14 hours trying to accomplish 4 hours of work, I can’t have it happen again.

With regard to deleting the sample themes, how can I do that? The server is used for only one client and we find the extra sample themes to be a security issue and unnecessary load on the server.

thank you,
liz

Hey Liz,

Are you referring to the core layout templates that come with the BB Page Builder? You can hide them by heading over to Settings > Page Builder > Templates and set Enable Templates to Enable User Templates Only.

Ben

Ben,

I did that and the themes all still load under “Appearance” on my dashboard.

liz

Oh, so you’re referring to actual WP Themes. Those aren’t from BB, they are themes that are either installed by the user or came with your WP installation. The only way to remove them is to delete each one of them, except the one you’re using of course.

Ben

I see. the first 2 are my BB themes- the rest WP.

Thank you.

Liz

No worries! Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Ben