How to reduce margins above header image and nav menu

Hi - unable to reduce margins between header image and nav menu. Also - between top of content pages and nav menu. fullpotentialplanet.com using firefox – also Thesis - Classic skin. I’ve removed header from Front page - didn’t help.

Hey Duncan,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

That is actually caused by your theme’s styling. I’d suggest checking the settings if there is one for a header padding. If there isn’t, you can use the CSS snippet below.

.container #header {
  padding: 0px;
  border: none;
}

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Duncan,

Can you check with the theme docs and see if there is a way to remove the menu? We can do it via CSS but if they have a setting for it, it would be better to go that route. Anyway, the code below should hide it, as well as remove the extra spacing your theme adds to the content area.

.fl-builder {
}
.content > .post_box {
}
.fl-builder .container > .menu_control, .fl-builder .container > .menu {
  display: none;
}

Unfortunately, a theme is a requirement. You can do a demo of our theme on link below and see if you like it.
http://demo.wpbeaverbuilder.com/

Private replies can only be seen by you, moderators, and staff. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi - I was able to get the job done with theme docs - more complex than I thought. Does BB have a way to color the nav buttons - haven’t been able to do that. I can change the font color - - but not the nav buttons only. Thanks for your help. fullpotentialplanet.com

Hey Duncan,

Under the style tab, you can set a background color to the menu. Is that what you’re looking for?

Ben

Hi Ben, Yes I tried that tab - but - as you can see I have two lines of nav menu buttons - and the background color fills in the two lines - well beyond the bottom buttons. Is there a way of just coloring the buttons?
Also - is there a way of taking a testimonial - or accordion box - which have been completed - and copying to another page?

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you’re trying to accomplish with your navigation, please? Once we have this, we will be able to assist further.

In regards to copying a module to another page. You can do this by saving the module(s). To do this click the Wrench icon and then click the Save As. Save the module and then you can go to a different page and add the module from the Saved Modules tab.

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks Danny, take a look at fullpotentialplanet.com - I am trying to find a way of just putting a background color on the nav buttons.
I have just run into another challenge. I am using a plugin http://s3mediavault.com/. It comes up as a button on the tools bar of wp page editor - when you click on it - it gives a menu to access S3 video or audio files - securely. I want to use BB page builder for my audio payer pages - but i can’t find a way to access the S3mediavault - which puts the audio or video player on the screen - with tracks etc. Any suggestions?

Just a short added note - the S3 Media Vault button - shows up on the tool bar of a straight WP page editor - but it does not show up on the tool bar - when I use BB - and Text Editor Settings.

Hey Duncan,

Sorry to say but we’re not allowing any 3rd party plugin enhancements to the Text Editor module. What does the plugin do? I believe is simply outputs a shortcode? Can you grab the shortcode from the native WP editor and paste it to a Text Editor module instead?

Ben