How to remove skype-linking

Hi,

For some strange reason I get a skype-link for my organisation number and on one of three phone numbers in the “contact us”-module. When in the text editor settings I can’t see why. In the Text-picture (the one showing cod etc) there is no difference in the way the one with and the one with out skype is shown.

How do I remove the skype-icon/link?

Cecilie

Hey Cecilie,

Our Contact Form module doesn’t have any place for phone numbers. I believe this is still on your localhost, correct? Can you take a screenshot of the issue so we can check? You can post the screenshot to an image sharing platform like imgur and paste the link here. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Cecilie,

What operating system are you using?
Also what browser are you using?

As I have just read that if you’re on Windows and have Skype installed. Apparently it will convert numbers formatted in a phone number format to use the Skype call button.

To prevent this use the HTML5 tel protocol like so.

<a href="tel:+123456789">123 456 7890</a>

This stops it from happening.

Thanks,
Danny

Thank you, it worked! :slight_smile: But the strange thin is that from the start it did not convert all numbers to Skype call button. I had two org.nr and three phone numbers, but only one org. nr and one phone number turned in to a Skype Call button.

I use windows 10 pro and Firefox

Thanks again for your help!

Regards, Cecilie

One more quick question: Now the number turned up as a clickable link, leading to a page that doesn’t exist. How do I change it to be a “dead” number?

Regards, Cecilie

Hey Cecilie,

I’m not really sure if it’s a browser add-on or a Skype add-on but it can be removed. If you’re interested, take a look at the link below.
http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-features/How-to-Disable-or-Remove-the-Click-and-Call-Function/td-p/69602

Ben

Thanks for the link!

Cecilie

No worries at all, Cecilie! Glad we could help. :slight_smile:

Ben