jQuery Validation Plugin

Hi,

I’m developing a custom module and have a ‘Select’ settings field. I am trying to call a parsing function when the ‘Select’ field is clicked by using an onclick rule in the rules set by .validate() in JavaScript.

The problem I’m having is when I click on the Select field it does nothing but when I cause the select field to lose focus it works. It seems like the onclick rule works exactly the same as the onfocuslost. Can you please help?

Hey Matthew,

I’ve already assigned another member of the team to assist you with your concern.

Ben

Hi Matthew,

I’m not quite sure I’m following what you are trying to do. Can you post an example of your code?

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hi Justin,

I’m terribly sorry, I have discovered how to accomplish this. I ran the function in the settings.js file (using $(’.fl-builder-content’).on(‘fl-builder.preview-rendered’, function () { parseFunction(); }):wink: as specified in your docs.

I don’t believe the docs (at http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/custom-module-documentation/) under the heading JavaScript Events specify that the code mentioned should be in the settings.js file which is where my confusion was.

Thank you for your prompt response though.

Hi Matthew,

No problem. I’ll have at look at getting the docs adjusted.

Justin

closed #7