License Activation not working

hi all,

I tried to activate the license but it is not working.
I noticed this was already discussed earlier and solved for others but it is not working on any of the sites I tested.

Can you please help?
Thank you
Nicole

Hey Nicole,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

Did you use your email or the license key? You can get your license key here - http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/my-account/. Try using either one and see if it works. Let us know how it goes!

Ben

Hi Ben,

I tried both, but it doesn’t work.
I keep getting the message “updates available, …” not active.

I did uninstall, tried different sites, but it is the same on all sited I tried.

Thanks for your help
Nicole

Hey Nicole,

Do you mind sharing temp admin access to your site so we can check? You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Nicole,

It seems you’re using the Beta version. Go ahead and download the stable version under Account > Downloads & Orders and click on the link directly below your license key labeled Beaver Builder Plugin (Pro Version). Once downloaded, delete the current BB Standard on your site, and install the newly downloaded one. That should fix you right up!

Ben

Hi Ben,

I did download and install that version. :slight_smile: Several times already.
Below my license it shows only:

Beaver Builder Standard

or

Beta

I did buy the standard version for 99. If that helps.
Best
Nicole

Hey Nicole,

Interesting! I deleted the Lite version and hoped that would resolve this, but alas, it was of no help. Would you mind providing me your license key from your account on our site via private reply?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Nicole,

Would it be possible for you to send us a copy of the Tesseract theme you are using for your site? We would like to do some internal testing as to why there are issues with license keys for a premium version. You can send to themes[at]fastlinemedia[dot]com. Thanks in advance!

Best,
Billy

hi Billy,

yes I will do that. Btw… I also have another site setup with genesis framework and theme. Same problem exists there. If you need any details from there let me know.
I can setup another account if needed.

Best
Nicole

Hey Nicole,

I just went in to your site and noticed you still have the Beta Version. You can’t activate your license on the Beta version since it doesn’t have an updater. Could you delete that, download the Beaver Builder Standard on your accounts page and install it? They have the same file name so it might be confusing. I’d suggest deleting all Beaver Builder plugins you have on your machine and download the Standard version then install it.

Ben

Hi Ben,

I’m sorry but I don’t know where you see the beta version?

I have again uninstalled, downloaded from my account, and uploaded the Beaver Builder Plugin (standard version) from my account page. Within the Ringwald site as well as the other site I have, it is still the same issue. The features are available (which means it is not a lite version) and when I go to plugins it also shows up as Beaver Builder Plugin (Standard Version). So there is no beta.

But when I go to settings, select Page builder and enter the license key again, the box remains red saying “Not active”. If you login with the account I previously sent you, you should see the same. Is it possible to enter the license key manually somewhere?

Best
Nicole

Hey Nicole,

Sorry for the confusion. It doesn’t say anywhere if you’re using the Beta version, it only has a different version number, 1.6.4 in this case. So right now you already have the stable version 1.6.3.2 so the license should be working fine but it still isn’t. I even tried my own license key there but it still doesn’t work. I also tried your theme, Tesseract, on my localhost and the subscription works fine. This is a really a weird issue and definitely a first for me. Could we ask for FTP access so we can dig deeper?

Ben

By the way, just letting you know that you can already use the Page Builder even without the subscription. The only thing you’ll lose is the ability to update the plugin but that shouldn’t be a problem for now since you have the latest version.

Ben

Hi Ben,

sorry for the delayed response. Yes I am glad I can use it without the activation.
If we cannot get the activation to work, can I just download the next version myself and then reinstall it? In that case and if it doesn’t limit the functionality, we can close the case and I’ll update manually next time.

Otherwise, for the site I gave you, a ftp login is not possible by the way it is hosted,
but I can give you ftp access to a different site that doesn’t work either.

Thanks
Nicole

Hey Nicole,

Yes, that’s possible. But would be a hassle for you when you’re running multiple sites. :slight_smile: Feel free to share temp admin access details as well as FTP access to that other site so we can check.

Ben