Lightbox

Hi all,
Have used a lightbox called Jackbox on a site I have been trying to rebuild with Beaver Builder
Among other things it allows a user to launch a lightbox from an image or link.
You can launch the lightbox from a smaller image and display a larger image that is a different image to the image clicked on the page - like here - this includes a little video also - scroll to bottom of page

http://www.landscapesbydesign.com.au/landscape-design/landscape-design-process

Can this be done with BB and / or can Jackbox be used with BB?
Below is Jackbox’s page over at Code Canyon

http://codecanyon.net/item/jackbox-responsive-lightbox-wordpress-plugin/3357551

Darrell

Hey Darrell,

I have already assigned someone from the development team to assist you with your inquiry.

Ben

Hey Darrell,

Our theme does have a setting in the customizer to disable the native lightbox that should allow a 3rd party lightbox to be used everywhere aside from the gallery module. The ability to disable that particular module lightbox isn’t possible at this point in time. Most 3rd party lightbox plugins also have the ability to force other lightboxes to be disabled so if you run into issues aside from the disable option mentioned earlier, you could try that. If you have any issues, let us know and we can troubleshoot for you!

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

Jackbox works where you click on an image or a link and in the Wordpress Text Editor and you have two little Jackbox Buttons - one to add a Lightbox and the other to delete one
That functionality is not available in the Beaver Builder Text Editor when you create a link or add an image
Seems to me if possible the Jackbox people would have to add the functionality, you guys would or your lightbox functionality improved to do similar
I use Dynamik on top of Genesis and last weekend dedicated a lot of time to establish when rebuilding my main site what limitations I may find using the BB Plugin and Dynamik together
This is the main stopping point for me

Darrell

Hey Darrell,

Well, that is good news in terms of it working somewhat! :slight_smile:

Re. having Jackbox buttons in the BB text editor module, that unfortunately isn’t going to be possible. We don’t load in 3rd party plugin extensions to the editor module by design. However, I wonder why it won’t work in the text editor module on links or images. Would you mind sending along temp admin access as well as a page link to test on?

Best,
Billy

Hey,
Just to follow up on this
Is there a way or a plugin to launch a light box from a smaller image in a page or a link within a page using Beaver Builder Plugin

Darrell

Hey Darrell,

You should be able to achieve that by using our HTML module, you’ll have to hard code everything though. Check the thread below for more info. :slight_smile:
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/video-lightbox/#post-35343

Ben

Thanks Ben,

Please do not take this the wrong way
Love Beaver Builder and have come across from Genesis using Dynamik
This site which has lots of lightboxes:
www.landscapesbydesign.com.au

I have rebuilt locally using Desktop Server
So the new site is not up yet but it also has lots of lightboxes
The reason I cannot use Beaver Builder to rebuild it if I chose to is because I cannot in a simple way …
Use a smaller image to launch a larger one one in a lightbox, or a link or multiple images with perhaps some hidden etc
You know really good light box functionality

The current site - link above uses a plug in called Jackbox which relies on the Editor for it to function and that appears to be a no no
with Beaver Builder
Can someone explain and let me understand that
Is there not another plug in out there that will work with Beaver Builder
Hey Ben
Thanks for your response mate

Darrell

Hey Darrell,

No worries! Did you just want smaller images and have them launch their larger version after clicking? You can use our Photo and Gallery modules for that. If you want to have custom content for the lightbox popup though, you can try this plugin another user has encountered.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/popup-maker/

It allows you to control the content of the lightbox as well as what links(via CSS selectors) they should work on. I haven’t really tried JackBox and I’d say the process involved via Popup Maker is not so efficient but it gets the job done.

If you haven’t yet, you can always head over to our User Voice Forums and add a feature request for a Modal Popup module. It’s been getting a lot of heat lately so I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets a lot of votes. :slight_smile:

Ben