Map zooming on scroll

Hey,

I love the Map module. It’s awesome.

I have a problem with scrolling down the page when I have a map. When I scroll using a trackpad/mousewheel/Mac mouse, when I get to the map my scrolling starts zooming in on the map instead of continuing down the page.

Is there a workaround, please?

I have noticed this as well where I have a map … then I realize that I have my cursor where the map is :slight_smile:

Yes, and that’s unavoidable when you have a full-width map.

Hey Trisha,

Yea, when it’s full width, there really isn’t a workaround, at least that I know of. You could perhaps see what is available via a Google search.

Best,
Billy

According to Google, there’s a setting within the API to turn off the scroll zoom.

// vars
        var args = {
            zoom                        : 16,
            center                        : new google.maps.LatLng(0, 0),
            mapTypeId                    : google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP,
            scrollwheel                 : false,

mapTypeControl              : true,
            mapTypeControlOptions: {
                style                   : google.maps.MapTypeControlStyle.HORIZONTAL_BAR,
                position                : google.maps.ControlPosition.TOP_LEFT
            },

zoomControl                 : true,
            zoomControlOptions: {
                style                   : google.maps.ZoomControlStyle.SMALL,
                position                : google.maps.ControlPosition.LEFT_CENTER
            }
        };

// create map
        var map = new google.maps.Map( $el[0], args);

scrollwheel : false, is the setting we need.

I don’t want to go hacking the BB plugin code. Is this something you could do? :slight_smile:

Hi Trisha,

Unfortunately, we don’t use the Google Maps API for the map module so this wouldn’t work in BB. The map module is based on the simple embed feature. The only suggestion I can make here is to possible use an HTML module and the embed code of Google Maps to see if there is a setting you can toggle to disable scroll zoom. Alternatively, you can look into different Google Maps plugins that you could insert via shortcode in an HTML module. Sorry if that wasn’t the answer you were looking for, but let us know if you find anything that works the way you want!

Best,
Billy

Will do, Billy.