MemberPress + new BB Shortcodes = rules failing

Following up here so everyone can see what’s going on

Hi Dot,

As you’ve probably seen in the email exchanges with MemberPress support, it looks like a legitimate WordPress bug is breaking their protection whenever secondary content is rendered on the page, as with the shortcode or in the posts module.

Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do on our end to fix that, and getting a fix in core probably isn’t going to happen quickly, so we’ll need to look at alternative solutions for now.

The first thing that comes to mind is using global modules. Have you thought about going that route instead? Let me know.

Justin

Justin, Thanks so much for all the work you have done on your own and with MemberPress to debug this issue! I am super impressed.

I will switch to using a global module for now. Can you update this thread if/when the WP code is fixed, so I can switch over?

Edited to say: Oh, bummer, it looks like you can’t create a global sidebar/column (only a whole row) as per these instructions for 1.7.

Ah, sorry about that. You could make each of the buttons global modules and drop those into the column. Does that work?

I switched that page over to using a sidebar template for now. I will re-evaluate if the fix is still pending when the site is ready to go live.