Menu Header Behaviour

Hi, great builder! One question, how do I create behaviours for the header of the page if I use the blank template? Say I’m doing a page for my client and she uses a wordpress theme of her own (not beaver theme), and this page has to be totally different from the other pages with a header of it’s own that has a new logo and menu items. Can I create one that is sticky when scrolling without any plugins and css? As in what’s the easiest and fastest way, thanks!

Hi Marilyn,

I apologise, but I am not entirely sure what you’re referring to. Are you suggesting what is the easiest and fastest way to have a third-party themes header stick on scroll?

If my assumption is correct, you will need to contact the third-party support for assistance. As the header is part of the theme and not BB.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny, thanks for your response!
I was wondering if we can use Beaver to create a sticky header without installing other plugins, meaning to create a header with Beaver builder instead. This is in the event that I want to create a header that’s different from other pages.

Offhand I have another question, how do you furnish blog posts globally without using the builder post by post and affecting other pages? Thank you!

Hey Marilyn,

We don’t have any sticky functions so what you’re trying to do isn’t possible with BB alone. You have to use either custom CSS or a 3rd party plugin to make a certain row/module sticky.

Re your other question, that’s not going to be possible with BB currently, but we do have some plans to implement something similar. If you haven’t yet, you can check our public Trello roadmap on the link below. Once we’ve implement the Data Providers card, this kind of functionality should follow. :slight_smile:
https://trello.com/b/pqdibDqC/beaver-builder-roadmap

The only way to achieve that for now is to modify the single.php file that comes with your theme, preferably via a child theme so the changes won’t get lost when an update comes. I believe a theme builder can do that as well but I’m not really sure as I haven’t played with one.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Ok, thanks for that Ben, one more thing, I exported my template file from a client’s wordpress site, but when I imported into another site and loaded it, it is blank. Not sure if there’s any compatibility issue with their theme.

Hey Marilyn,

The native WP importer has issues handling serialized data and is what’s breaking the BB layout. Can you try using the patched importer below instead and see if it works?
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/downloads/wordpress-importer-patched.zip

Ben

Thanks Ben, yes I’ve tried this, it’s still not working. Any other options? Thanks!

Hey Marilyn,

Did you install the patched version provided by Ben on the site you’re exporting the templates from or on the site you’re attempting to import to?

Thanks,
Danny

Oh yah, I installed it in the account that I’m exporting from, haha. It’s working now after installing in the site I’m importing to. Thank you so much for pointing this out instead of assuming I took the right step. That’s all for this thread, thanks!

Awesome! And thanks for taking the time to inform us. :slight_smile:

Enjoy BB!

Ben