Missing spaces on front end when using Text Editor Module

Hi Guys - I’ve been noticing when I am using the Text Editor Module on the PageBuilder that all of the text will look great, but then when I publish the page spaces are missing. Here and there words will be run together. When I go back into BB to look at the HTML in the text editor, it all looks good and space is showing correctly. If I highlight the area (the offending space that is there in HTML and not there in the preview), and add the space again, I can see the text move and everything is right with the world.

It doesn’t seem limited to paragraphs, or headers, so I’m fairly certain it’s not a css issue.

I’m on a MAC with Chrome Version 44.0.2403.130
Running Genesis > Dynamik > BB plugin

The spaces are easy enough to add back in, but I’m wondering if anyone else has come up against this issue?

Hey Teri,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

Do you think you can provide a screencast of it happening? Or maybe just screenshots? Sorry but I’m just having a hard time picturing out the issue. Or if you could send us temp admin access to the site we gladly check it for you. You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

Hey Ben -

Ok, so after a little more research I feel pretty comfortable blaming this all on visual editor/text editor swapping on my part. Apparently WP feels like adding some spaces here and there, removing some formatting and basically dancing a jig on my text editor because I am swapping between the two without regard.

Front end: http://goo.gl/0Ebi8M (72hours is jammed together)
Dashboard: http://goo.gl/vSn5vu (space can be seen between 72 and hours)

If I highlight the space, and hit the space bar (essentially adding the space in the exact same spot), then the text will move and be correct. It’s frustrating since what I am seeing in the editor isn’t a representation of what is showing up on the “live” site. So far disabling the visual editor has helped, but I am happy to say this HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEAVER BUILDER!!

Thanks for the quick reply - Teri

Hey Teri,

Glad you figured it out! And thanks for sharing what it was. Have fun with The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben