Mobile Post Images Rotating

For some reason, some of the images in my client’s blog posts are turning sideways on mobile devices (it’s fine on the desktop version).

We did not have this problem before, so wondering if anything was changed in the latest update to make this happen?

Here is the specific blog post I’m having issues with: http://cherylanneskolnicki.com/to-everything-there-is-a-season/

Thanks for the help!

Hey Anne,

I just checked the site on my Android phone and it seems fine. Do you mind sharing on what mobile device you are experiencing this on?

Ben

iPhone

Hey Anne,

We do get it from an iPhone. But I believe you aren’t using the Page Builder for the posts? Do you mind swapping themes real quick and check if you get the same problem?

Ben

I activated a different free WordPress template, and it was still doing it.

Hey Anne,

That would mean something else is causing the problem, not the BB theme or plugin. Try the plugin deactivation route, i.e., disable all plugins and check for the issue while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a certain plugin. I’ll start with that and once the culprit is found, go ahead and contact them. :slight_smile:

Ben

Thanks, Ben. We went and deactivated the plugins one-by-one, and the issues is still not resolved. I re-uploaded the image to see if that helped, but it didn’t. When I rotate the picture in the blog post to be sideways, it turns the right way on the iPhone, but then is displayed sideways on the PC, if that helps.

Hey Anne,

That’s really weird. A quick search yielded me the link below, you may want to check that out. Basically, it just says to correct the orientation(via PS or any other image editing service) before uploading it to WP.
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-rotation-issues-and-incorrect-mobile-browser-display?replies=17

Ben

Aha! I found that the issue is due to the fact that the photo was shot vertically using an iPhone. Seems the rotating issue started when Apple came out with the iPhone 5.

Fun fun! I opened the photos in PS, rotated, saved and then uploaded to the site.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Hey Anne,

Glad you figured it out! And thanks for sharing what was causing it! Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben