Mobile Swipe and Touch Not Working on Content Slider

Greetings Guys!
We just worked on a site at the URL below and we’re having trouble figuring out why the Content Slider at the top ignores a swipe or touch on mobile phones. We’ve done several other sites recently that use a similar set-up and layout that work fine on iphone or android. Any additional info or ideas appreciated. – http://harvesterfcu.org

Thanks!
Jon

Hi Jon,

Can you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue, please?

If it doesn’t, can you keep them disable and provide temp admin access, so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,
Danny

[Content Hidden]

Hey Jon,

It works fine on my end. When I swipe the slider, it changes to the next/previous slide. It just takes time since you’ve set the transition speed at 5 seconds.

Ben

Hey Ben,
It’s more an issue with vertical scrolling. When the slider is the only thing showing, you can’t slide the screen up or down with a normal swipe. It either takes several extra seconds or it doesn’t work at all. You have to touch the edge of something below or above the slider.

We’ve been testing on iPhone 6 and 6plus so far and a the latest Samsung Android phone.

Hey Jon,

It actually works. The problem with the slide that you have on your homepage is its transition time is 5 seconds. When it’s in the process of transitioning, you can’t swipe the slide. Try setting the delay to higher value and reduce the transition time to 0.5 seconds, you’ll then notice the swipe working. I’ve also created a test page on your site titled BB Test Page where I added a template with a Content Slider and it works fine there.

Ben

Hello sorry to re open this thread, i have the same issue, is not a permanent problem, but sometimes de slider freezes (no while transitions) and cant scroll down on page, also the horizontal slider arrows not working, meanwhile i reduce the mobile slider height to let USER scroll down put his finger below the slider (i create a “scroll down” message haha). But i wil happy if you check this situation and help us. The site that i told you is:

http://ciideco.edu.ec/pagina-para-home/

Hey Cristhian,

I just checked your site on an iPhone6 and it works fine. I can scroll downwards while scrolling sidewards shows the next/previous slide. What mobile device were you using to check the site?

Ben

Hello im using Android Smasung J2, i change Slide transition effect to Fade transition (actually) and work fine, but also reduce the time of effect, i think is like freeze while sliding and still charging effect or image and dont let me scroll. But now is fine, maybe in future test again in another project the slide effect (time is gold :frowning: haha ) Thanks.

Hey Cristhian,

That is the case, when the slide is in the process of transitioning, you can’t swipe either horizontally or vertically. You have to wait for the transition to finish before you can do so.

Let us know if we can assist further. In the meantime, enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben