Mobile view scrunches to the left of the screen with a grey bar to the right

Hi!

I’ve seen similar posts, but I’m a REAL rookie and not familiar with coding and “behind the scenes” fixes(although admittedly I need to get better at it!).

Website works very well; I’m super happy! There are a couple of issues with the mobile version though. On some phones the page gets scrunched to the left with a grey panel on the right third of the page, and on some phones the page looks okay, except for a two column section on the main page that has the phone number and email address.

I’ve tried to upload a photo of how this looks on the phones, but I can’t seem to get that to work! Nokia phone [Lumina 635 (Explorer)], iphone 5, iphone 4 (Safari).

Thanks so much!

Anne

PS Sorry to be such a rookie…how do I send a private reply with temporary WP login and ftp access?

Hey Don,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

For screenshots, you can upload them to an image hosting service like imgur, then paste the link here.

Re private reply, first posts can’t be set as private. You have to reply to a post before you can set it to private. Just check the private reply option below when replying. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Anne,

Is it possible for you to upload another screenshot, as that is really small and I am unable to see your problem.

Also, can you provide a link to your site as well, please.

Thanks,
Danny

[Content Hidden]

Hey Anne,

Sorry, but like Danny said, the screenshot is a bit too small for us to check. Do you think you can share the URL of the site in question instead so we can check for ourselves?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Anne,

The issue is caused by the email address, it’s pretty long and it goes outside the container. Can you add the class fl-word-break to that module, and add the CSS snippet below. You can add a class under the advanced tab. And you can place the CSS code under Tools > Layout Settings > CSS Tab.

.fl-word-break {
  word-break: break-all;
}

Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Anne,

No worries at all! Okay, so the fl-word-break should be under the Class field. You can leave the ID field blank. :slight_smile:

Ben

This is perfect!! Thanks so much for your help and your wonderful patience with the rookie!!

Have a great weekend!!

No worries at all, Anne! You have a great weekend as well, and Enjoy BB! :slight_smile:

Ben