Moved: Reply To: Welcome to our Beaver Builder plugin forum!

Hello - I am such a nube at this I am embarrassed to post. I have the standard version of BB which is a great page builder. I am trying to add a simple discussion page and very much like the muut forum plugin. It installs easily and works fine but the white part of the page does not extend as the posts and replies get longer. Contracted posts or a post with long replies simply start over writing the footer. The footer then extends as much as it needs to. Also, I don’t want the sidebar on the left. The odd thing is that in BB page builder mode it works as I expect but when I publish, it goes back to overwriting the footer. I think these may be setting issues but any help you offer will be appreciated. The site is leaving-tracks.com and the theme is tesseract. Thanks, Mike Gill

Moved from - http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/welcome-page-builder-plugin-forum/page/3/

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

That may have something to do with the theme you’re using. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to visit the site. I get a 404 not found error. Can you check? We could probably just override the theme’s styling to make it work. :slight_smile:

Edit: Also, I’d suggest changing your display name here in the forums. Anything but your email address should be fine.

Ben

Hi Ben. Thanks for the quick reply.
Here is the link directly from the address bar (from my wife’s computer so there should be no “developer weirdness”): http://www.leaving-tracks.com/?page_id=62

I changed my display name - thanks.

You will see what we are trying to do. If the page expanding with the posts is not feasible, I am not so deep into this that I couldn’t change themes. It was recommended in a tutorial I was doing (a guy named Tyler Moore who

Loves
BB. If you have a suggestion for a a theme (free if possible) I’d be happy to look at it.

Thanks for your help with this.

Hi Ben - Now I’m thinking it may be a muut forum problem. I built two other forum pages with other forum pluging and they worked fine. The white part expanded just like I expected. Still working on it.What forum builder do you guys use?

Hey Mike,

For some reason, the theme is adding a specific height to the content area. Not really sure why that is but that’s why the Muut Forum’s content is overlapping to the footer area. It probably has something to do with how the Muut Forum loads as well. We can always override it with custom CSS though in case you want to make it work. :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes with the other plugins!

Ben