Multisite Domain Mapping

Hi there

I have a problem using the page builder on a multisite. I design websites for my clients on my subdomain multisite installation. The site is designed on a multisite instance like client1.mymultisite.com. When the client is happy with his website, we map a domain to this instance, like mydomain.com.

The problem is that after I mapped the domain, the page builder doesn’t load on the pages. I have to unmap the domain, make the changes and then map the domain.

Do you know what may be causing this problem and how to fix it?

My clients must maintain there own websites, but I cannot expect them to unmap the domain first and then do the changes

Thanks

Hi Daine,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I’m going to test it out on our multisite install and look into getting a fix together for you. I should be able to have it figured out by tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Justin

Hi Daine,

I’ve tested this on our site and everything seems to be working fine, so we’ll need to dig a little deeper. Can you tell me what mapping plugin you are using? Also, would it be possible to get me temporary access to your network admin to check a few things out?

Thanks!
Justin

Hi Justin

i am using WPMUDev domain plugin.

As a last resort, I would give you access to my network admin. At this stage I would prefer if you give me some pointers. Is there anything I can look for?

Thank you for the efforts. I really need to get this working

Thanks
Danie

Hi Justin

I have upgraded all my plugins and only left a few needed plugins active on my site. The problem is:

I think it maybe has to do with the way you save it in the database. Could you maybe replicate the above scenario.

Even if I create now new pages on my site (like clientsite.com/test), the page builder does not load. When I unmap the domain, everything works well again (even the test page)

Thanks again

Danie Meiring

Sorry Justin, a last comment:

When I try to edit the page after the domain is mapped, the page loads with all the content in the page. It is just the builder panel that does not load

Thanks

Hi Danie,

Thanks for the detailed follow up, it is very helpful. I actually tested this on a different mapping plugin, so I believe that is why I can’t recreate the issue. Can you send me a copy of the one you are using to test?

Also, I know domain mapping can cause login issues at times. Can you double check that you are logged in when trying to activate the builder?

Once I can recreate this on my end I’ll be able to whip up a fix for you.

Thanks!
Justin

Hi Justin

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

The domain mapping plugin information can be found here:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

You can find the plugin here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5q5l5xzkput704m/AACYDfyOhtveI_h__uYByBDYa

WPMUdev is very big. They had just been acquired by Automattic (which owns Wordpress.com). They also have a few hundred thousand subscribers of their own. I think it would be worth your efforts to make the Fastline plugin work with their multisite plugins.

Thanks
Danie

Hi Danie,

You’re welcome! Thanks for sending over the plugin, I’ll get this tested and hopefully sorted out today.

We’re very familiar with WPMU Dev and definitely want the builder to be compatible with their products. It’s funny you should mention that they we’re acquired by Automattic. I saw that post as well but it ended up being an April Fools joke. Just wanted to let you know!

Justin

Hi Danie,

Can you tell me what you have set for these Domain Mapping settings in your network admin?

Administration mapping
Login mapping
Cross-domain autologin
Verify domain’s DNS settings

Thanks!
Justin

Hi Justin

Here is my settings:
domain entered by the user
domain entered by the user
No
Yes

Regarding Automattic:
It looks like the joke was on me. Thanks for letting me know

Thanks
Danie

Hi Justin

Thank you for the above question. It actually looks like it solved my problem. I changed it to:
mapped domain
mapped domain
No
Yes

It is working now!!!

Thank you very much!!

Great! I was thinking that it might be a login/cookie issue related to the two domains. Forcing the mapped domain sounds like it fixes that. Let me know if you run into anything else!

Also, feel free to share examples of your client site that have been built using the builder :slight_smile:

Justin