New to BB, not working locally

I just recently installed BB plugin and I am trying to edit a site locally. However, the page builder is not loading correctly. After I scroll down the page, you can see part of the Beaver Builder plug in. Please see screenshot: Beaver Builder Not Working

Hey Carrah,

Welcome to the BB forums!

That is usually caused by a conflict with either the theme or other plugins. Let’s have you go through the plugin deactivation route, i.e., disable all plugins and test the Beaver Builder while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a 3rd party plugin. If that doesn’t do it try switching to a twentyX theme and check for the same. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben,

I currently only have the BB plugin activated, no other plugins. I have tried it on the twentyX themes as well and it does the same thing.

Hey Carrah,

That’s pretty weird. And you are working locally, correct? What local development environment are you using? XAMPP?

Ben

Correct, I am using MAMP.

Hi Carrah! Hmm, this is a bit of a mystery, eh? We all run MAMP here without issue. On a fresh install, with no other plugins running, I can’t think of anything that could cause this.

How long ago did you setup WordPress on your local server? Have you experimented with file permissions at all? And or, are you running any sort of non-standard configuration? Also, which browser are you using? If you’re familiar with your browser’s developer console, take a look for any javascript errors (if this doesn’t sound familiar, no worries).

Lastly, could you send over another screenshot of the issue with one of the default themes activated (TwentyFifteen, TwentyFourteen, etc.). Thanks!