News page

Hi guys

I want to add 2 pages to my WP site, a blog and a news page. Would I be able to use one of the Beaver Builder blog templates for the news page as well as the blog? My thinking behind this is that older news articles could automatically get archived.

Also how do you control how long an article stays on the page before being archived? And is the archive a separate page?

Hey Ian,

That should be possible. You can actually use the Posts module on both of those pages. Our Posts module has an offset setting where it can skip a number of Posts. You can use it normally on your blog page, then assign an offset setting for your archive page. Let us know if you need help with that. :slight_smile:

Ben

So should I use a blank page and then use the posts module? Or should I still start with one of the blog templates?

Do you have any resources with further info on the post modules so I can get a better understanding of them and their settings?

Hey Ian,

Our Blog templates are all using Posts module, just using different layouts. :slight_smile: You can either use a blank page or use the templates, depends on what you need.

We don’t really have a doc that discusses what each setting does, most of it are self explanatory, and tooltips are available for those that are pretty complicated. Try playing around with the module and if there’s something you’re confused about, let us know and we’ll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Ben

Sounds good Ben. Thanks for the info. Will have a play around and I’ll come back to you if I get stuck with anything.

One last question…

If I create a page, then instead of publishing, select ‘save draft’, can I then create posts and try out the features of the page before I publish anything? This might be a good way of me getting to learn how to use all the features before I make it live.

Hey Ian,

That should work! But I personally prefer setting the page to private instead of saving it as a draft. :slight_smile:

Ben

Thanks. I’ll do that :slight_smile:

No worries! Have fun with BB! :slight_smile:

Ben

I’ve created a news page, created my first post, but my post isn’t appearing on my news page. I’m probably missing a simple option to direct the post to the page but can’t see it anywhere. Do you know how I can fix this?

Hey Ian,

That’s what the Posts module is for, it pull all Posts’ or certain Posts’ content and display them with the layout you’re using. You’ll want to place a Posts module on your News Page and configure it as such. :slight_smile:

Ben

Seems to be working now. Thanks as always for the help!

No worries at all, Ian! Don’t hesitate to let us know if we can assist you further! :slight_smile:

Ben