Nothing is working...

Editing the page builder is not working in WP. It’s frozen every time I try to click one of the links, i.e. Templates, Tools, Row Modules… please advise. It’s just not working!

The editor loads but I’m not able to do anything with it.

Hey Vinnie,

Welcome to the forums! Typically, issues such as this are usually related to a conflict with a 3rd party plugin. To start, can I have you disable all plugins and test the Beaver Builder while reactivating each to determine if the issue is related to a 3rd party plugin? Let me know what you find and we’ll go from there!

Best,
Billy

We did … no change! Is someone able to login to our system and check out the issue?

Hey Vinnie,

Sure, go ahead and provide us temp admin access when you get a chance. You can do so using the private reply option below to keep your info secure.

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Hey Vinnie,

I think I see what the issue is here. From what I can tell, you have posts set as your homepage under the reading settings. The native posts page isn’t accessible by Beaver Builder so what I would recommend is to create your own posts page and then using Beaver Builder on it. You can then go into the reading settings and change your homepage to that page if that makes sense.

If you are looking to use Beaver Builder just on the actual posts, there is an option to select posts be editable by BB in the page builder settings. I turned this on for you in the event you wanted to use BB for your posts. Let me know if any of the above helps and if we can assist further!

Best,
Billy

billy i actually want to use it for pages… not posts. Does that change anything from what you said?

Nope, not at all! However, there is something awry and we think it might have to do with some type of redirects you have setup at the server level, perhaps in your .htaccess file. Would you mind providing us FTP access by chance?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hmm, okay. Would it be possible to get FTP access, too? The next place I wanted to look was your .htaccess file. Something is causing the URL redirects and that’s where the issue is coming from. Can you consult with anyone else that may have worked on the site?

Robby, we sent that info… any progress?

Robby / Billy,

Anyone? Should we just assume the product doesn’t work for us? If so, how can we process a refund?

Thanks,
-V

Hey Vinnie,

I’d just like to let you know that we’re still looking into this. We’ll get back to you as soon as we find something.

Ben

Hi Vinne,

I just logged in and launched the builder on a few pages and everything appears to be working. Is it working for you now? If not, can you tell me the exact steps you took to recreate the issue?

Thanks!
Justin

Guys,

The problem is that it only works when this plugin is not active “WP No Category Base”

We need this plugin active as it allows us to publish pages outside of the /blog category. Having actual pages under the /blog URL just wouldn’t be correct. Can you try it now and see if you see the problem?

Hi Vinne,

After discussing with Ben, it looks like it was working because he removed a script from your theme to test. The issue is that this theme is incorrectly loading in jQuery and breaking the builder. The “WordPress way” to load jQuery is as follows…

wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );

That will ensure that only one version of jQuery is loaded, preventing issues between themes and plugins. I wouldn’t be surprised if this theme has conflicts with other frontend plugins.

We also noticed that this theme is based on the old TwentyTen WordPress theme, so you might be able to get in there and fix that without worrying about updates overriding it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Justin

I can tell from quite a few projects we realized with Beaver Builder that it always works like a charm - even with “old” WP Themes and with Caching Plugins.

But as always a very good knowledge of the tools you’re working with is required. And you should know what you’re doing which is especially true for WordPress. Unfortunately some media suggest that you can build a great website without any coding. This simply is not true. The site might look good (Beaver Builder) but the engine (WordPress) might not work with full power or the frame (Genesis) is broken.

Keep learning and best regards,
Leo