Overriding post-grid module results in empty pages / things missing

Hi,

just added a fl-builder/modules/ folder to my theme and, copied the post-grid module folder to the modules folder. Right after that, some things break.

I will add the url and login details in a next post, and mark it private.

[Content Hidden]

Hey Marcel,

Did you copy the entire folder of the module? Did you change any code? Can you remove that folder and see if you’re getting the same thing? I don’t think the override is what’s causing the issue. Also, have you tried deactivating all other plugins except BB and see if it’s a 3rd party plugin causing it?

Ben

Hi Ben,

yes I copied the whole/complete post-grid folder. Then I changed some code, looked at the result and was happy, until I saw other pages that are using post-grid were not as a left them. So, I rolled back my changes to the theme’s post-grid code, and refreshed. Same result. After that, I removed the post-grid folder from the fl-builder folder in my theme, and the pages that were broken, were fixed.

Hi Marcel,

What was the code you add/changed so we can try and recreate the issue. Can you add the code to a Github gist or similar service, please.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny,
thanks for your reply.

The code changes were very simple, detecting a post type and removing a link in the post title. But, this does not matter, since a clean copy/paste from the BB plugin modules folder results in the same weird behavior.

Hey Marcel,

You’re meaning to say that simply copying the module folder to the theme causes the same issue, even before modifying the said module? Do you think you can provide FTP access to your site so we can check deeper?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Marcel,

I have just tried to recreate your issue and I am unable to do so. :frowning:

I copied the Post Grid module folder and added it my child themes /fl-builder/modules/ folder. I then went ahead and added <h1>Boom!</h1> To numerous locations in the /includes/post-grid.php file and the changes displayed just fine.

The changes affected all other pages using the Post grid module. I then went deleted the Post Grid folder from my theme and when I refreshed the page, the post grid remained on the page without any issues.

Therefore, is there something I have missed that you did differently?

Thanks,
Danny

Hey Marcel,

Did you perhaps had an older copy of the post-grid files, and used it to override the module? We did have an update recently with our Post-* modules which looks for a function inside the post-grid folder. If you’re using an older copy, that would mean the function wouldn’t be there and would be what’s causing the issue. The thread I’ve linked below is another user have this same problem.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/1-7-5-upgrade-problems-posts-carousel

Ben

Ben,

That’s it!
Pulled a fresh version of bb-plugin and used that module, and now it works :slight_smile:

/giphy happy :slight_smile:

Awesome! Have fun! :slight_smile:

Ben